• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does a course near you have a pro-shop on it?

Do you have a course with a pro-shop near you?

• Yes

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 62 51.7%

• Total voters
Not technically on the course, but at Mosquito Lake State Park, if you go down the park road for a mile to the camoground office, they have a good selection of innova AND discraft discs, minis, maybe bags and some other stuff.

So I'm saying yeah but not really lol.

spring valley DGC has a fully stocked pro shop with pretty much every production disc available from all manufacturers, and baskets too.

Hamilton County, Indiana

I'd say fewer than 5% of courses I've been to have a pro shop, and even for some of the ones that do, its often closed.

You know the sad thing is even if more public courses set up a pro shop occasionally, the vendors there could probably make good money peddling plastic, and the city/county or whatever government jurisdiction who owns the park could make good money charging those vendors a fee to set up shop, revenue from which could help pay for course maintenance and improvements.

Our club, the Hamilton Disc Golf Union www.thehdgu.com has a contract to run leagues, tourneys and a pro shop at Dillon Park in Noblesville. We are incorporated as a not-for-profit, have insurance, are a registered vendor with the state and pay sales tax, plus 5% of gross sales goes to the parks dept. They do all the course maintenance, and we use the money from the pro shop for insurance expenses, trophies, food and beverages at club tourneys, and to do course improvement projects. It works pretty well. It can be tricky to staff it and hours are limited. :thmbup:

The ponds at lake shore in Ypsilanti. They dont have a pro shop...they have a fully stocked throw shop :)

Lakewood DGC in Seattle has one on site. Actually it is considered Chainbangerz #2. :) Sell everything from discs to hot dogs, candy, chili, drinks and other goodies.

Dalaiwood in Olalla, Wa. has a very well-stocked pro shop on-site. I believe it doesn't open until 2 or 3 in the afternoon,or earlier if there is an event going on. Scott and Jeanne have some really nice dyes they do for sale in the shop, too.

Latest posts