• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does DiscGolf center take forever to ship & recieve?

I have been ordering from DGC for years, I live in CA, and things recently changed when the USPS raised prices in January, now DGC pushes more orders to Fedex ground and it takes much longer to reach CA, it was averaging 9 days, but my last order just took 10.

DGC is clearly curbing their use of USPS first class and priority mail, so things are moving slower now, but still a pretty good service when you get to pick weight and color and get free shipping.
So lemme ask you, say you could get that order shipped from Texas, same weight/color choice, same free shipping (UPS or USPS), comparable prices for the most part (some more, some less, talking $1-2 differences either way) what would move the needle for you? Site experience/interface, depth of info, other policies? I know how I shop and what drives me, just trying to understand other motivations.
Legit curiosity, not even trying to advertise.

I haven't ordered from them but I ordered from Marshal Street yesterday (went through the advertising banner at the top of the page) and I received an email that my order shipped this morning via Priority Mail. Shipping was free because I spent over $50. Being that they are in MA and I'm in NV, I should see the package here by Friday.

I haven't ordered from them but I ordered from Marshal Street yesterday (went through the advertising banner at the top of the page) and I received an email that my order shipped this morning via Priority Mail. Shipping was free because I spent over $50. Being that they are in MA and I'm in NV, I should see the package here by Friday.
What made you decide to shop with Marshall Street?

[ shameless research ]

What made you decide to shop with Marshall Street?

[ shameless research ]

Wanted to support this site so I went through a banner ad, built the cart and the total came in very reasonably priced including shipping, did some research through Google to see if they had a decent rep, posted the shopping cart here on this site to get critique, made 1 change based upon said posting and then finally made the deal.

Do I get a sticker or lollipop for participating in your research? :D

I've ordered from Marshall Street and DGC.

My MS order (a couple of 10th Anny Buzzzes) came nicely packaged and the discs were in plastic wrapping.

My DGC order (a black McPro) was just stuffed into a cardboard mailer, which marred the face of the disc. It's not terrible, but it is visible.

Although I'm only an hour or so from DGC, both packages took he same amount of time to arrive.

Guess which one I'd choose for the next purchase?

I've ordered from DGC for years, and have acquired a sweet discount. I live in north Texas, and have always received my order in a timely fashion (3-5 business days.) I love their "unique" color feature which shows a picture of the actual disc you will receive.

From reading this thread, it seems like it depends on how far away you are from Florida. It has taken 3 days for all of my purchases here in Kentucky. Which is really good considering it's free. Plus they have great prices and selection. :thmbup:

I'm a big fan of DGC because you can choose exactly what you're getting, and it disappears from the site the instant you check out. They do take 8-10 days to get discs to Washington and some of their discs are overpriced, but when you factor in the fact that the shipping is free? It's actually cheaper.

not at all

i order from them very frequently. they have a massive selection, always ship the same day, provide a tracking # (with the free shipping option) and ive never had to wait beyond 5 days to get an order - usually 3-4 days and im in iowa. the ability to select disc color and weight, coupled with their photos of every unique colored disc and rewards program (im now getting 10% off every order automatically) keeps me coming back. ive never had a botched order or a return in more than 20 or so different orders.
i order from a bunch of other companies, but DGC is often my first site to check. dynamic discs and disc nation being right up there.

I've had good experiences with discgolfcenter.com. I like getting to pick the color and weight. And if I place an order on the weekend its in my mailbox 3800 miles away the following Saturday every time. Granted, I order from communitydiscs.com too and it arrives a day or two earlier and the prices work out the same. It just depends which one has the one I want. All things being equal I would order from Justin at communitydiscs.com.

what does discgolfstore not have, that you want

I can make it happen(or try)

Not to pile on or anything, but I also like how both Discgolfcenter and Marshall Street show pictures of discs, specifically for "unique" discs. Perfect example, I am on the market right now for an Ibex and/or Summit from Vibram. Both of the above places give you the ability to see exactly what disc you will receive. A comparable search on Discgolfstore shows only weights under the "multicolor" category. I would never order one of these, but if there are pictures of each Ibex or Summit I could buy one today.

I have been ordering from DGC for years, I live in CA, and things recently changed when the USPS raised prices in January, now DGC pushes more orders to Fedex ground and it takes much longer to reach CA, it was averaging 9 days, but my last order just took 10.

DGC is clearly curbing their use of USPS first class and priority mail, so things are moving slower now, but still a pretty good service when you get to pick weight and color and get free shipping.

This^ My last order to CA took 10 days also. :thmbdown:

This^ My last order to CA took 10 days also. :thmbdown:

I have used Fedex Ground quite a bit for shipping things out and I have to say, it has NEVER taken over 5 days at that is from here in Vegas all the way back to the East coast. It is truly overnight to go from here to So. Cal or Phoenix with Fedex Ground. Usually it's 3 days on average. I have no idea how it took 10 days from the time it was shipped to the time you received. Did you track the package? Where the hell did it sit for days without moving? Just curious........

They've always been pretty good to me...only time it took a little longer was around the holidays, but they were probably swamped, as well as the Post office..

Just ordered a White Tangent 177 from them...hope to see it next week! :thmbup:

I agree with b3nder. Around Christmas it took a while for a single disc Volt order. My buddy and I have ordered about 20 times between the two of us and only had that one delay.

I LOVE how DGC is set up, one of the best sites for disc shopping. I've spent enough over the years to get their highest discount, and have always loved the free shipping option.

That said, I can't NOT tell you that I lost an order a month ago that says it was delivered. I was told from DGC that the post office sometimes doesn't leave a note and just takes the package back and waits for you to come find it....Problem is, I just moved here, and a google search pulled up SEVEN post offices equidistant from my home. After checking at a couple, I just let it go.

I'd love to say it doesn't affect how I feel about DGC, but I can't escape it, and if I put in another order, I will be sweating it the whole time between order and arrival, despite the many, many accurate orders before, because I feel like I might as well have just burned the money.

And if I'm COMPLETELY honest, I thought they would've sent me the discs after hearing about the problem. Well into 4 figures spent on the site over a long period of loyal service, and I've been sent replacement discs from other sites regardless of the much lower accrued spend when there were order problems. As an example, I just bought two RFF Wizards from Gateway -- they sent Magics instead.... BUT, once they knew of their mistake, I got to keep the Magics(given to Connor Jones :) ) and they sent THREE RFF Wizards. I know not every place can do this, but with my spend history with DGC, I thought they might offer to send replacements.
Que sera, sera.

I have exactly the opposite experience. I ordered a disc, and it never showed. I got the same "sometimes no note is left" went to post offices, nothing. Contacted Wade again. We agreed to wait another few days to see if it'd show at either place. Nothing, so he shipped a new one out next day air. Good contact the whole time, despite the issue I've ordered since with them for sure.

I've ordered 6-7 times with them overall, and other than that one issue, it's been super quick for me.

Never had a problem with dgcenter. I have the top discount, so have ordered plenty of times and my stuff is usually in hand after 5 business days. Order on monday, get it by friday/saturday. That seems pretty legit for free plus a discount.

I order from them and opt for the free shipping. I have had a couple packages that didn't arrive till a week later, :confused:, but their customer service is 1st rate.

**UPDATE**
Wade got back with me again today, issued a full refund on the lost package. Awesome service as always, despite the problem being with the post office and not DGC.
I am still a :) and loyal DGC customer.