• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does size matter?

Bigger = better. Yes. Example. I live close to Easterlin park in Ft Lauderdale which is a very nice but most holes are way under 300. We do not have a great excess of parks in the area. However, 2 new ones in the past few years. Prior to that it was just Tradewinds or Easterlin.

Since Tradewinds was always busy, busy, busy on weekends I would drive 30 - 60 miles to go to Miami or West Palm to play a roud or two without having to wait for the masses at Trades.

Bottom line Bigger = better. I have a need to grip it and rip it.

pleasantly surprised this thread hasn't found it's way into the landfill... yet.

This might be cheating, but I'll play both, back to back. Especially if the longer boring one has enough holes long enough to be at the outer limit of my range, which can be challenging/game improving even if there's not a tree in sight.

This might be cheating, but I'll play both, back to back. Especially if the longer boring one has enough holes long enough to be at the outer limit of my range, which can be challenging/game improving even if there's not a tree in sight.
Surprising! I always thought you aimed for the closest tree (at least when you are my dubs partner!).