• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dominator and Mamba

2012-01-24_05.jpg

pretty damn close

... Pretty close indeed. You'd probably find that much variance in a batch of DD2's anyway.

Damn Innova, wasting a cool ass name on the flippiest disc ever.

On a more serious note, it could be a cool disc if it has some really great glide and a forward fade. If it's really nose angle sensitive and flips fast/fades hard, then I will have no interest.

Dominator snore, snore, snore...Mamba snore, snore, snore...Champion Flattop Stingrays and Cobras! HEY! What's the deal with these!?!

Dave Dunipace on pdga.com said:
The new Champion Stingray and Cobras fly as if they were new. The Cobra flies like a long Roc and the Stingray flies like a shorter Leopard. These are from the Flat top Ontario mold, but really don't fly like their DX brothers. I can't turn the Cobra over at all, and the Stingray is pretty darn straight, rather than a turning machine like the original or DX.

daves answer to me asking about the tops on these 2 as well as any new info on other things

" Neither driver will have a Vulcan type top. Wings?

TL+ was just made a few months ago. No new putters. The Yeti is the newest.

The new Champion Stingray and Cobras fly as if they were new. The Cobra flies like a long Roc and the Stingray flies like a shorter Leopard. These are from the Flat top Ontario mold, but really don't fly like their DX brothers. I can't turn the Cobra over at all, and the Stingray is pretty darn straight, rather than a turning machine like the original or DX.

As far as actual fairway drivers; the FD Jackal we made for Discmania is like a cross between a Leopard and TeeBird. It will come out in March, I believe."

Booter said:
FD Jackal we made for Discmania is like a cross between a Leopard and TeeBird."

I haven't thrown the Jackal but to me a cross between the Teebird and Leopard would be a Gazelle. So is it really just a premium plastic Gazelle for those that have thrown both? Guessing Jackal might be a tad longer.

dvlcek said:
Booter said:

I haven't thrown the Jackal but to me a cross between the Teebird and Leopard would be a Gazelle. So is it really just a premium plastic Gazelle for those that have thrown both? Guessing Jackal might be a tad longer.

The FD is not much like a Gazelle. It is like a faster, more stable Leo (same speed as TB, Leo-like lines with a bit more fade).

dvlcek said:
Booter said:

Should be plenty faster, and very glidey.

so a slower wahoo or vulcan? that doesnt float but has a cooler name than both?! sign me up

If they're rating it -5 turn it's going to be less stable than either the Wahoo or Vulcan.

Just waiting for the 100g Blizzard Mamba.

Looking on the Innova site they have gaps in their lineup at speed 11 between the Wraith and Teerex or the spot less stable than the Archon. They have a gap/spot at speed 12 more OS than Xcal or less stable than Wahoo. They have a spot at more OS than the Ape. This is starting to look like a march madness office pool. I'll put my dollar on less stable than Archon and more OS than Ape.

keltik said:
Looking on the Innova site they have gaps in their lineup at speed 11 between the Wraith and Teerex or the spot less stable than the Archon. They have a gap/spot at speed 12 more OS than Xcal or less stable than Wahoo. They have a spot at more OS than the Ape. This is starting to look like a march madness office pool. I'll put my dollar on less stable than Archon and more OS than Ape.

i'd love to join that pool. i'd be happy to take your $ :p

if they follow the trend they did last year, it means rec player stuff early in the year. overstable stuff tends to come out after a stable release later in the year.