• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving Putter

I like to drive with a R-Pro Pig. don-t have to worry about turning it over and the fade predicable.

Flipflat said:
Does anyone drive with the eraser sss Wizards? I got a couple in the other day and they are probably one of the best feeling discs out there. So nice I ordered a few more. Chalky/grippy, I've never felt anything like it. I had originally bought them for putting because of the snowy conditions here, but now I'm thinking I'll drive with them. My only worry is the durability. Anyone know how these hold up after tree hits?

I've never felt those but the eraser name came from them behaving like an eraser. So if you rub it hard enough some of the disc wears off. The word is that they may not be durable even while putting.

JR said:
Flipflat said:
Does anyone drive with the eraser sss Wizards? I got a couple in the other day and they are probably one of the best feeling discs out there. So nice I ordered a few more. Chalky/grippy, I've never felt anything like it. I had originally bought them for putting because of the snowy conditions here, but now I'm thinking I'll drive with them. My only worry is the durability. Anyone know how these hold up after tree hits?

I've never felt those but the eraser name came from them behaving like an eraser. So if you rub it hard enough some of the disc wears off. The word is that they may not be durable even while putting.
My eraser wizard is money for putting and has held up fantastic. i have never thrown it off the tee and never will. Its for putting duty only since it is a sss and wont hold up to tree abuse. They will break in quick if you use them off the tee or at least they will for me. The eraser is to nice to abuse by throwing it from the tee but it all depends on the person. i throw a lot of putters off the tee and prefer stiffer wizards for the tee.

Just got back from a round, the JOKERi performed awesomely. Seemed to have HSS to spare, a reliable fade, and surprisingly high glide and distance potential for such a flat disc (this was my main concern). Basically it fixes everything I didn't like about the P2: Tad more overstable, flatter and lower profile, better feeling plastic. Definitely going in the bag to supplement my IONs.

have they released the new opto type plastic for the jokeri yet or were you just using the baseline?

if you were using the baseline, how is it compared to dx or pro d (the old stuff...not the crappy new stuff)?

Baseline, I haven't seen the premiums for sale yet...

But yeah, the plastic is probably the grippiest I've felt. Otherwise it feels very much like the Zero used in Pures, a tad stiffer (don't have that much experience with Zero). It seemed to hold up okay for baseline when I threw one against a wall.

Premium JOKERi is also on sale.
Photos will be published 3th of Jan.

I'll make video for you about damage testing and flight compare when the snow is gone.

Where is it available? Neither Frisbeepoint.fi, kiekkopiste.fi, powergrip.fi nor any other store that I'm aware of carries them. Or are they still on the way?

I talked to Kalle Savonen today and he said that the premium version is ever so slightly more overstable than the base plastic version. I'm not worried. If it's just a tad too much i'm sure it will wear in just fine. I'm looking to buy two to compare the wear on these because i like them so much. The base plastic version worked fine for me today in putting and approaches despite my exhaustion.

I love driving my ions. However I have issues with some lines. Its hard for me to throw straight with fade unless I have a new one with flashing, or am throwing a <250 shot. Over 250 I don't seem to ever get any fade. The other line is anhyzers that flex out much. They may flatten a little, but not too predictably. They hyzer beautifully, and throw straight better than any other putter. I also like them for slow turning drives. I had a voodoo in my bag today thinking my ions would get a little slick in the snow (which they really didn't) and threw it for one anhyzer drive. About 225' with 50 or 60' of left to right (the line was probably closer to 80' L-R) and it preformed beautifully, gradually pulling out and landing flat feet from the pin.

Another plus (I think) to the ion is its not very nose angle sensitive. I learned this a few months ago trying to throw a stall shot (very nose up flat shot thats supposed to stall and hyzer hard at the end floating back toward you some) and it just went straight with what I thought was way nose up. This is good now that I am used to it, but I don't seem to have quite as much touch with them.

With my power i can get a straight then fade flight with the Ion by giving it a good deal of nose up and throwing high. Apex of about 16'+ starts to have fade and more sideways motion needs at least 5' more height. There are situations like ceilings and winds where this way of throwing can giving too wildly varying results so a more overstable putter is needed too.

Thatdirtykid said:
I love driving my ions. However I have issues with some lines. Its hard for me to throw straight with fade unless I have a new one with flashing, or am throwing a <250 shot. Over 250 I don't seem to ever get any fade. The other line is anhyzers that flex out much. They may flatten a little, but not too predictably. They hyzer beautifully, and throw straight better than any other putter. I also like them for slow turning drives. I had a voodoo in my bag today thinking my ions would get a little slick in the snow (which they really didn't) and threw it for one anhyzer drive. About 225' with 50 or 60' of left to right (the line was probably closer to 80' L-R) and it preformed beautifully, gradually pulling out and landing flat feet from the pin.

Another plus (I think) to the ion is its not very nose angle sensitive. I learned this a few months ago trying to throw a stall shot (very nose up flat shot thats supposed to stall and hyzer hard at the end floating back toward you some) and it just went straight with what I thought was way nose up. This is good now that I am used to it, but I don't seem to have quite as much touch with them.
Funny, I've had great success using nose up to induce a late fade.