• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX versus Champion

This thread is awesome.. Im with Ewb46. I have most driving discs in Star and some champs and my approach and putters are pro or dx, and I will not throw my star or champ around the water unless the disc just pisses me off enough.

The reason putters and mids don't wear as fast in DX IMO is that very rarely are you throwing these discs full force with run up and X-step straight into a tree 20 feet away.
You should play a round with me. I can show you a whole afternoon of full X-step DX putter shots into trees within 20 ft without even trying! :D

Truthfully, I have noting to add to this thread. I started playing when base plastics were all we had, so I have always taken slightly overstable discs like Rocs and Gazelles and cycled them.

As the new plastics came out, I found that they played more stable than the base plastic version, and that hurt my manhood. For example, I had to dump the KC Gazelles. Too overstable, no glide. I had to throw KC Cheetahs. Cheetahs are wimpy, flippy discs for weenie arms. I didn't want to throw Cheetahs, I wanted to be a real man and throw Gazelles. I tried going back to the KC Gazelles and beating them up, but they were so durable that it was taking forever. I gave up. I went back to the base plastic Gazelles.

So that is that. I throw DX out of vanity becasue I can beat up an overstable disc easily and then tell my friends "Oh, yeah. I throw a Banshee. It's my turnover disc."

So that is that. I throw DX out of vanity becasue I can beat up an overstable disc easily and then tell my friends "Oh, yeah. I throw a Banshee. It's my turnover disc."
That quote makes me think of this site I just saw recently.

http://innovadiscs.com/team/dixon.html

Dixon is a local pro and super nice guy who just made the official Innova Team. On his list of player gear he has:

"167 Star Tee Rex - for rolling".

:)

I carry a variety of Champion/DX in my bag. I do prefer Champion plastic, but have no problem throwing DX on drives. I carry a DX Shark as a Mid-Range, but choose to throw my Champion Panther on most occasions, just because I like the feel of the Champion plastic on a layup shot. Not opposed to DX plastic, but Champion is where its at.

I only buy DX disc in models I don't mind losing. I got a dent in mine one time from it just hitting the ground.