• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: MARSHAL, stable putter.

Marshall is stable, in that if thrown hard it won't really flip, but it does not have much fade to speak of. I had to manipulate the disc to get it to have the flight pattern I wanted, but I could trust that flight even when thrown with 250 plus feet of power on it. The bead is hardly noticeable to me, although I putt with Wizards and throw Judges, so to someone used to no bead at all they might notice it.

Just got done with a TC. This is similar to my experience. All of my 30ft+ misses were to the right because my judges would typically fade. Still even with power, it didn't burn. Not as glidy as a judge for me.

If the Judge is too deep, has too big a bead, or is too floaty, the Marshal is a great substitute. I dont think it will ever rival the Judge in popularity,but I think it will beat out the Warden, at least in the first year of wide release.

Say, whaa?!?! Beat out my beloved mighty Warden?!?! :mad:

Just kidding. But do I understand from your comment that the Marshal is not as deep as the Judge?

Really good off the tee but I was having to hyzer flip it to get that good straight flight. Thrown flat in a power or fan grip I was getting a lot of turn but not full flippage.
Sounds strange as even the Shield is not what you would call a hyzer flip putter as it is plenty stable when thrown flat and DD slots the Marshal one tick more OS than the Shield.

Do you find Shield more OS or do you think both need hyzer on drives?

Just kidding. But do I understand from your comment that the Marshal is not as deep as the Judge?
I was surprised about this one as well, but when I look at the PDGA approved discs list both seem to be 2.0cm high. This makes the Marshal quite a bit more interesting to me, especially if they are more OS.

Yeah, both my son & I must have gotten freaks. We're bummed.
Nah, he got the freaks. All of the Marshals at our event were STABLE. Very stable. Major HSS stable with moderate fade. Like flexing out of anhyzer shots, never hyzer flip kinda stable. Pretty much an Axiom Envy.

Pretty much an Axiom Envy.
Agreed. This disc will slot nicely between the Harp and Judge (or any OS/stable putter lineup).

Good high speed stability; I could rip on it and not get much of any turn. And while it didn't have as much hard fade as I was expecting it to, it still definitely has reliable fade. I was flexing it on anny lines and even though it would hold the line for a while, it would consistently glide right out as soon as it started to lose speed. It's a good driving putter with more glide and speed than I expected. It's not as deep as an Envy, making it more comfortable for those who like a shallow putter.

I'll keep it in the bag for a while, but I'm not a big fan of Prime plastic and can already tell it's going to beat in quickly. Hopefully the premium plastic variants will have the same feel and flight, with maybe just a tiny bit more stability.

(Thanks to bhadella for the hookup!)

I didn't get a ton of throws in with my Marshall, but it didn't seem quite at stable as an Envy. Almost but not quite. Much closer to a Judge than a Harp in my mind.

@bobmcnelly I agree with the sentiment that it's pretty much like an Envy, but that said, I too would put it closer to a Judge. It's not as OS as an Envy out of the box, but HSS and LSS are fairly close.

I'm a bit surprised by the Envy comparisons as all the videos of Marshall made it look really glideless. Based on them, I could see it as a great upshot putter, but it looks like a good bit shorter than Envy which is almost a mid in that sense.

I'm a bit surprised by the Envy comparisons as all the videos of Marshall made it look really glideless. Based on them, I could see it as a great upshot putter, but it looks like a good bit shorter than Envy which is almost a mid in that sense.

Significantly shorter than my Envies. I found mine to be less stable than the Envy as well. Maybe close in stability to my very beat up Neutron, but it is certainly noticeably less stable than my Soft(and it is not anywhere near being brand new).

Last edited:
Man, really like this disc. Haven't used it a ton for upshots and likely won't if/until it comes out in premium plastic, but I'm loving it for putts. Just feels really comfy in the hand. It's lower on the glide than my usual Judges, but I recently went to more of a spin putt and this handles it really well. Also, when I get sloppy my Judges tend to pull left (lefty putter) and these stay a bit more true to their line. I'll give them a go for a bit and see if they stick, but so far I am pleased.

Got myself some Classic Blends when they came out last week.

Feels really nice and flies straight. This was actually almost shocking to me as (based on DGWeekly review among others) I was expecting way more OS flight. On a good pull it wouldn't fade at all.

I started to wonder if they tweaked the mold after TC. Emac said in their review that it fits between the Judge and Warden and I would agree.

SO was there just tons of variation with Prime or is Prime just always more OS?

Got myself some Classic Blends when they came out last week.

Feels really nice and flies straight. This was actually almost shocking to me as (based on DGWeekly review among others) I was expecting way more OS flight. On a good pull it wouldn't fade at all.

I started to wonder if they tweaked the mold after TC. Emac said in their review that it fits between the Judge and Warden and I would agree.

SO was there just tons of variation with Prime or is Prime just always more OS?

I'm pretty sure the TC version of the Marshall was in Hard, not prime.

I am really looking forward to the Marshall in Lucid plastic. Then I'll have a true driving putter.

I'm pretty sure the TC version of the Marshall was in Hard, not prime.

I am really looking forward to the Marshall in Lucid plastic. Then I'll have a true driving putter.

Per the TC flyers, the Marshal was Prime plastic.

2016-Trilogy-Challenge-Flyer.jpg

Been throwing the Marshall more and more lately and I fully agree that we need the Lucid Marshall.

I do like the Classic Blend, but the only issue I have with it, as a pure driving putter, is its' quite significant lack of glide. Based on some other Trilogy putters, the premium ones seem to be a bit more OS and have a bit more glide to them than the baseline versions. So a Lucid Marshall could really hit the sweet spot that I've been looking for. In Lucid I could almost see the comparisons to Envy. :rolleyes:

Been throwing the Marshall more and more lately and I fully agree that we need the Lucid Marshall.

I do like the Classic Blend, but the only issue I have with it, as a pure driving putter, is its' quite significant lack of glide. Based on some other Trilogy putters, the premium ones seem to be a bit more OS and have a bit more glide to them than the baseline versions. So a Lucid Marshall could really hit the sweet spot that I've been looking for. In Lucid I could almost see the comparisons to Envy. :rolleyes:

I would like to see the Marshal come out in both Classic (hard) and Lucid. In Lucid, it would be a great throwing putter, IMHO. It would certainly give my P2 and maybe even my Star Stud a run for their money.

I've been putting with the Classic Blend Marshal, and I really do like it; it could seriously challenge the Warden. My Classic Blend Marshal has remained firm despite some use, but I think I'd just prefer the Classic (hard) even more.

Two thumbs up for the Marshal: :thmbup: :thmbup: