• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

EMSCO Discs (some new manufacturer in PA made some discs)

Let's make the disc that theoretically will go the farthest in the hardest color to find. I love that.

They are also manufacturing the fastest growing disc throwing game, "The Black Hole". Basically throwing Frisbees in a plastic bucket. I'm switching over now, who wants my stuff?

Awesome Dook.
I was out at the park playing ultimate this afternoon and some people were throwing discs at trashcans. Wondered what they were up to.

craftsman said:
I could easily see someone thats completely new choosing esp over the big two's beginner sets :|
if thats where their spirit flies, then so be it :)

craftsman said:
I could easily see someone thats completely new choosing esp over the big two's beginner sets :|
As long as the price is far enough below the Innova starter set to feel like a real deal I think they could sell well in places like dicks.

I wonder how much it costs to buy a molder? My uncle works for a major plastics manufacturer... this makes me want to just start making discs.

I talked to the VP of marketing at EMSCO a few weeks ago and, true to his word, he sent me a set of their discs:

IMAG0272.jpg

Driver:

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Mid:
IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

Putter:

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

The Driver and Mid appear to share the same flight plate, but their wings are different (which is what one would hope), although, the rim width on the driver is really itsy bitsy and would likely have a fairly similar flight compared to the mid. All three of these discs are DOMEY AS HELL. The plastic reminds me of a WalMart patio chair...it's very, very stiff and slick. A good tree hit would fuck up one of these discs forever. All three of the discs appear to be warped with wavy wings and lots of flashing on the discs or partially-removed flashing corkscrewing here and there.

Overall, these are right where I thought they'd be. This would be the type of set for a player that sees a lower price point than an Innova or Discraft starter set and doesn't have any other experienced disc golfer with them when they're buying their first discs. I don't think any of us would ever consider throwing these. Not sure when (if) I'm going to have a chance to throw them. Time permitting, I'll see what next weekend allows.

Honestly? It reminds me of a Phenix.

Edit: The disc as a whole reminds me of a Phenix. I'd have to dig it out again to take a look at the wing.

I don't know when I'm going to have a chance to try them out. I'm hoping this weekend. I'm mulling over the option to not throw them and save myself some disgust.

bcr123psu said:
I don't know when I'm going to have a chance to try them out. I'm hoping this weekend. I'm mulling over the option to not throw them and save myself some disgust.

think it's safe to say that would be a disappointing endeavor

dude just throw them.. and video tape it so we can all laugh

Latest posts