• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Zone love?

I have never actually thrown one, but they feel amazing! I would get one, but I carry too many discs already.

The zone is essential for my game. Manipulative yet guaranteed fade....

Its also (for me) one of the most comfortable discs to hold/throw. I would not want to play a round without one....

I put a D-Zone in my bag a while back, and now I can't imagine my game without it. Since buying it my Buzzz has been seeing much less use. I have a Ringer on the way right now, and I can't wait to see if it's even half as awesome.

I use a base ringer for putting and upshots. Once broken in, it became deadly straight. I had to get a zone to cope with the wind. IMO, It is a more overstable ringer.

I use the Ringer and it rocks
I dropped the Zone when I was able to find a Z Ringer...no where near as stable as the Zone mind you

the Zone is a good disc...I used it as an Overstable Mid

I can do my approach duties now with my Ringer and use a Z Drone for the mid spot

It would have been interesting to see a Z Zone

I would love to see the zone made in Z plastic, that would be sweet!....I've never thrown a ringer, sounds like a good disc....but I do own a flx drone. dont use it as much as the zone, but its a great "utility" disc. Just not 100% sold on the flx plastic on such a large diameter disc....feels "floppy"

I use an ESP Zone.
I don't throw it very often, but it is the only disc that can run the lines that I need.
It is very overstable, so:
I use it to putt against the wind.
I use it to hyzer around corners and skip to the basket.
I use it to flex a soft landing at the basket, it will always come back.
I use it for <100' approaches into a headwind.

I have recently switched to putting (spin putting) with an ESP Zone inside the circle. i love the feel of it, the profile of it, and i'll give it a decent tug to ensure it goes straight and won't fade before hitting chains.

It is also great as an approach disc for hyzer, anny flex's, etc. The ESP is the greatest for grabbing chains, but my feeling is a good putt sticks.

After a long break, I have reunited myself with the Zone mold. While my Buzzz will always be my main midrage disc, the Zone definitely has it's niche. First off, it feels great for FH approach shots; flat, with a nice feeling rim. It's overstablity also makes it a great FH disc, but it's also great in the wind BH and can do short skip shots. Finally, it has all the glide of a hunk of driftwood, so I'm not overshooting my approaches nearly as much.

It would have been interesting to see a Z Zone

This would be awesome^^^^. I have an ESP and a D Zone. both are very useful. my D zone is slightly broken in so it has a very reliable fade but flies much straighter than my ESP. My ESP is pretty much a utility disc. they are wicked overstable so if I need a quick turn with a small skip or a flex shot this disc is perfect. this thing can actually handle some snap FH so it is great for step out forehands and flick rollers.

thanks for all the feedback. I haven't gotten the chance to throw mine yet, but I am looking forward to trying it out. I had a med wizard I used in this slot, but it has really straightened out as it beat in and I wanted to try something different.

i lovez the zone. more than i ever liked my gator. its awesome.. i suck at putting with it but its perfect for windy days ,spike hyzers,flick shots,cut rollers flex shots.

When the winds are high, never leave home without this disc. Gators are nice, but seem to have too much glide. The Zone is more like a very fast rhyno, as it wants to hit the ground immediately after you release it. Not to mention, it is great for putting into the wind too.

Latest posts