• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Zone love?

The ESP zone is a super ryhno....kind of like the gator, but with much less glide. Tight side arm shots, or short sharp hyzers is where this disc works well. On extremely windy days, the disc is a great putter for shorter putts. The problem is that it is very overstable, so making longer putts in the wind can be scary.

I've been using mine more and more,it is the most fun disc evar to throw spikes with,seriously,it just makes me smile watching that thing divebomb to the ground :)

i have never noticed this thread before but yeah im all bout the ESP Zone.. i use mine more and more each week.. mostly as my shorter overstable mid.. for short flicks, skip shots, spikes, anything that just has to go left... never used it to putt tho lol .. but yeah if your looking for something low profile and beefy the zone is where its at

ESP zone has been a game changer for me. Its a great disc that is always in my bag.

Now if Discraft would just make a Z Zone Id be over the moon!

ESP zone has been a game changer for me. Its a great disc that is always in my bag.

Now if Discraft would just make a Z Zone Id be over the moon!

they're out there somewhere,i started a thread on it a while back,mark ellis said he has some,there was a thread on DGR.

^u have a z ringer jmitch...thats close enough lol but like connor said. Theyre out there and have been made but ive yet to get any kind of notion that I could get one :(

Anywho,im back on the zone and I love it. Su ch a versatile disc...i love rolling this thing and spiking it. It proves its worthy in these heavy tx winds every timee. I gotta say I feel more comfortable throwin this thing than I ever did the gator

Last edited:
Its good to be back lol

So are the d zones straighter? I havnt really tried the ds yet. Starting to think maybe I should but it could give my bulldog a run for its spot!¡

Its good to be back lol

So are the d zones straighter? I havnt really tried the ds yet. Starting to think maybe I should but it could give my bulldog a run for its spot!¡

i can only imagine some d zones that are nice and chalky..haven't thrown them,but i bet it'd be sexy.

i have a black d-zone.. nice and chalky and grippy.. havent thrown it yet tho..got it off here months ago lol .. thought bout using it when i was afraid the esp might skip to much but just havent.. 8ish/10 if anyone is interested in trying one out :p

i have a black d-zone.. nice and chalky and grippy.. havent thrown it yet tho..got it off here months ago lol .. thought bout using it when i was afraid the esp might skip to much but just havent.. 8ish/10 if anyone is interested in trying one out :p

I have 2 black/chalky zones and I freakin' LOVE them. One is beaten to a pulp, and it still has quite a decent fade to it, the other is brand new, and sits on stand-by just in case the older one is taken from me during the rapture.

I also have 2 ESPs ... love me some Zones ..

I have 2 black/chalky zones and I freakin' LOVE them. One is beaten to a pulp, and it still has quite a decent fade to it, the other is brand new, and sits on stand-by just in case the older one is taken from me during the rapture.

I also have 2 ESPs ... love me some Zones ..

find a big difference in the two? i assume the pro-d might not be as overstable but curious if they skip as hard as the esp? last weekend i almost had 3 skip aces with the esp zone.. still dont have an ace period but getting close lol

find a big difference in the two? i assume the pro-d might not be as overstable but curious if they skip as hard as the esp? last weekend i almost had 3 skip aces with the esp zone.. still dont have an ace period but getting close lol

they def dont skip like the esp. and break in a lot quicker. my esp one i have had for over a year and i use it a lot. still meaty.

The ESPs skip better, and are more overstable than the Pro-Ds, but don't feel as good in my hands. I will throw a Pro-D in most situations unless I'm needing that 'dive-in-and-skip-up-to-the-basket' shot, or I'm playing with really harsh rough (big rocks, etc) that will damage a disc.

I use the esp for flick more than pro d. its that extra stability. the d is great for backhand drives.

Latest posts