• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Zone love?

@ tourneyplayer...cooking dinner: thats what the wife is for ;)

If your wife comes out of the kitchen to yell at you, what have you done wrong?

You made the chain too long.

<----(Goes into hiding and dons asbestos underwear)

Yeah, I never had any other wear show, but its hard to nail the number plate that hard and wal away untouched......it looked like a hangnail :(

I wonder why it's a slow seller?

Oh, that's right. Nobody who has one wants to lose one, and fortunately they don't go far enough to lose. Nobody wants to trade them off either because they are so sweet. Oh and they hardly lose any stability when beat. This basically makes them the Everlasting Gobstopper of discs. Bad for Discraft, good for us.

I wonder why it's a slow seller?

Oh, that's right. Nobody who has one wants to lose one, and fortunately they don't go far enough to lose. Nobody wants to trade them off either because they are so sweet. Oh and they hardly lose any stability when beat. This basically makes them the Everlasting Gobstopper of discs. Bad for Discraft, good for us.

yes yes yes!!! :thmbup: best disc ever. my innova friends say the pig is comparable. hmmmmm. arent pro pigs oop now??

ESP Zone status

I heard a filthy rumor that ESP Zones might be leaving production. Any truth to this?

EDIT: Guess I should have actually read the thread before posting in it. Seems that there was some talk about a year ago...

Still, any update on them?

Last edited:
^i hope not....i just hit a ridiculous tomahawk birdie today that was supposed to be a layup!

z Zones better be replacing ESP Zones if ESP goes out of production.

I heard a filthy rumor that ESP Zones might be leaving production. Any truth to this?

EDIT: Guess I should have actually read the thread before posting in it. Seems that there was some talk about a year ago...

Still, any update on them?
Soon after Hysell's OOP chatter, I remember seeing ESP Zones start showing up in the misprint pack thread. I'm guessing there was another run. There's a simple solution if you don't want ESPs to go out of production in the future...buy one every time you place a disc order. Sure you'll run out of life before you do Zones, but he who dies with the most ESP Zones wins! I just wish they would make all future runs concave. Most of the ones I've seen have been flat.

Pretty damn sure they're OOP. I went through a Zone phase, but went back to the Drone. Why else does everyone pay a tiny bit more for them?

i wouldn't want to play a round without my ESP zone. I use it for ups, sidearm, fh rollers, windy putts, spikes, grenades, overhand rollers. I use it more than any disc other than my putter.

Even though they are not in my bag right now, I want to keep the ESP Zones around. They may make a comeback here soon.

Just remember, the Zone is a putt and approach disc, not a mid range!

Pretty damn sure they're OOP. I went through a Zone phase, but went back to the Drone. Why else does everyone pay a tiny bit more for them?
I'm not calling BS, but I'm having a hard time believing they're OOP. Discraft hasn't made any declaration of their intention to send them out of production, and they're also still on the order form, in the catalog, and on the site (without an OOP label).

While I'm happy to have the rumor spread because it causes people to buy more (why I stocked up) and thus keep Discraft running a mold on the verge of extinction, I have a hard time believing it. It will be a sad day if/when it comes though.

I can't see the ESP Zone going OOP. I guess you never know, but what a great disc. I've seen hardcore Innova guys that throw nothing but Innova have a Zone in their bag. I would have more fun playing a round with just a Zone than playing with a full bag and no Zone! Sooooo predictable. Does exactly what you ask of it. And I agree with everyone on how well they wear in. It doesn't matter how beat it is, they just keep flying the same. Any shot I can possibly throw the Zone it comes out. Off the tee, long approach, short approach, thumber, roller, ect..... The most used disc in my bag.

The Z zone changed my game. If im out in the open or have a hyzer line 200ft or less the zone is getting thrown

You (tbird/cooter) made some pretty good counterpoints, I did just kinda

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

I deal with the godd*mn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills!

To be honest Grip, I almost didn't reply to your post. I figure the more the rumor stays out there, the more popular the mold will stay, and the less I'll have to worry about your prophecy actually coming true!