• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever had this happen?

cali

* Ace Member *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCNZNX-v7Vc&feature=related

I did. 1 witness. We were both like "wat"

Had the opposite happen to me two weeks ago in 30 plus mph headwinds. Hit the top of the basket the same way but the wind grabbed it and sailed it over my head and 50 feet behind me. We are filming for our amateur league and I was being taped during a practice session just to show off how bad the wind was. This was the only putt not caught on film because the cameraman was laughing so hard at me and had lowered the camera.

ive tried that too just in case you miss too high lol its awesome thats what you get when your bored at home.

Not exactly but close.

If you play long enough you see wild things happen.

Feldberg's putt hit on the top of the basket before skipping up and having the wind blow it back in. I have seen a few putts which hit the front edge of the top chain assembly (not the top center like in the video) then finished the same way (up and over then blown back in).

I threw what is probably a more unlikely long putt in. I was on the crest of a hill putting down to a basket on the side hill, so the top of the basket was about level with my feet when I released the shot. The putt was about 50-70 feet away, in a doubles match, on the last hole with my partner safely parked, and I was putting for the improbable win.

I had a gusty headwind. I threw a Rattler right at the basket. It looked perfect but at the last instant it airbounced up and over the basket, stalled, dropped and had the wind nudge it back in.

So basically the same line as Feldberg's, without the benefit of the basket slowing the disc down and giving it the proper angle to slice back in. Oh, it also wasn't caught on videotape.

The closer shots are to perfect (proper line, angle and speed) the more likely that good things happen. That is why good players are often accused of being lucky. Sometimes they manufacture their own luck. If Feldberg's shots wasn't so close to perfect (just a tad high) it would not have gone in.

I wish I had video of the time my friend changed the course of a 100' shot with a leaf blower. He was about 20 feet left of the basket and hit the air blowing the disc about 10 feet away right in. Laughed at that one for the rest of the day.