• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever seen the disc golf push carts?

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Just saw a few of these out on the course. Cant figure out if its the greatest idea ever or more trouble then its worth. Couldnt find a link for them but there at gdisc.com under the accessories category.

hmmmm, interesting, are there any restrictions on their use during tournament play?

Are you guys talking about pull carts like in BG? If so I have seen these all over the place but they do seem to vary from place to place. EX I have seen a lot in TX as well as Minneapolis and my dad used to use one.

My opinion is they are more trouble than they are worth. Pull carts work for BG because most golf clubs are up to 46" long and most weigh up to 500 grams making them awkward to carry. Fourteen clubs in a bag a dozen balls and everything else you need gets heavy. I know some peoples disc golf bags can get heavy but not that heavy. Even the easiest to walk disc golf course is rougher to pull a cart than any BG course.

The weight isn't the issue for me. I never pull a cart during practice casual rounds. I pull carts during tourney rounds to minimize the bending over (yes, I am over 40). I carry a stool on my cart because I don't like standing and waiting.

I pull the cart to the next hole, unfold the stool behind my bag, sit down and work the score card or the water bottle while I wait for my turn. My discs are right in front of me.

That being said. Take a serious look at the courses you play. There are some that do NOT take carts well. How many times do you step over or across small logs or streams. It makes a difference.

http://www.discndatonline.com/item.cfm?itemid=35496

Just found this ... it hooks onto the bg pull carts. Neat

There is a guy in our league that has an electric pull cart, with a radio in it! I see these things all the time lately, seems like a growing trend. The ones I've seen hold about 20 discs and usually have a cooler that can hold at least 8-12 beers.

Bags can really take a toll on your shoulders, especially if you want a beverage or two (or 6...) while playing. I'll probably never get one, I still think they're sweet though.

I think pull carts are pretty sweet if you're on a course that they'd work on. But yes, I believe that unless you have some sort of physical handicap, you should not be using one until you're at least 40. (Yet another thing for me to look forward to when I become a Master :D )

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
... I believe that unless you have some sort of physical handicap, you should not be using one until you're at least 40. )

My buddy would disagree. He loves the cart because it can hold so much beer. He's a young guy (late 20's) and he pushes that thing around a fairly wooded course as fast as I can walk it.

He used to use a baby stroller and get weird looks when people would expect a baby and find a case of Natty Light.

Quite a few players in Minnesota use carts. Timmy Gill and Jon Drummond both use one and it does have some pretty nice features. It has a nice disc rack, a built in seat, and a sweet umbrella holder. When everyone else is putting in the rain, Timmy putts under his umbrella. There was even a wet weather model where the discs were enclosed in a case but, Igloo stopped making the cases. There is a guy who makes the model that Timmy uses but, there have been quite a few others who have made their own cart from the same design.

the only time i have seen them was at a tournament on a course that is very long but very open so it made pulling one around alot easier than carrying a bag but other than that type of course it would not be worth the trouble

put my Carolina in the seat area of an Instep jogging stroller for shiggles last night, mentally I told myself I was fresher and sure enough $$$.

Comments were "you're too young to have that....:", "Why'd you bring your baby to weeklies...."? "Can I put my bag on there too...."? "Hey, you could do this or that to it...."

Gonna try it Saturday at a 27 hole monthly 8)