• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Evolution Exo Link

Flick Maniac

* Ace Member *
This ought the be the most hyped of the Evolution releases. Super impressed with what they came up with.

Ask me whatever you want to know about it and I'll try to answer.

How does it compare to the Judge or P3X.

And is the plastic the same as the trilogy line up

Bead is fractionally bigger than on a P1x. Same size as on a Wizard. Judge I have no experince with, probably only ever held one once. P3x I think D-lines come closest. Soft Exo Link is pretty pliable but someone just said "not that soft" as you would expect a Lat64 base plastic soft to be.

Thats kinda how I feel, although most Wizards do have (slightly?) more fade and I feel like I can really hammer on them without turning them over. Not that the Link is flippy either, but there you go. YMMV obviously.

Oh, and little more glide on these than your basic Wizard, like I said on the video.

Last edited:
How does the link compare to p1x/P2 flight-wise? I like the feel but haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

From using my Link over the past week, here's what I can say:

Putting - Doesn't seem to glide as much as my D line P2's. It's also more stable than any plastic variant I've used of a P2. Compared to the P1x, it's shallower and much more stable. Compared to a P3X, it is slightly deeper than the P3X by a slightest bit. It's not quite as stable as a P3X.

Throwing - I haven't ripped it to really test its range, so I can't comment on that or its glide. I will say that the soft version is the ultimate shorter approach disc that I've been missing. I like that I can put it on a hyzer and get it around any trees that might be in my way and it will hold it. Thrown flat with a little bit of snap, it goes laser straight and has a slight fade at the end. The soft plastic lets the disc quickly nestle to the ground whenever it makes contact.

The hard version of this plastic is similar to the Classic plastic that you see in the Dynamic putters. Stiff, rigid, but very grippy.

The soft version of this plastic is similar to the Classic Blend plastic that you see in the Dynamic putters. Fairly rigid, but flexible. Same great grip. Probably most comparable to X line if you only know the Discmania line of plastics.

Last edited:
Okay today I had a chance to throw my friend's hard link a few times. It felt super good in hand, nice stiff and grippy plastic. It felt better than P2 in my big'ish hands. Flight was very similar to my s-line sky god. Seems that I have to go shopping..

P1X | P2 | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

Anyone throw the Lux Link and can give info on it compared to Hard and soft links

Yep, I snagged a few. I tell my friends its practically an MD3 with the glide and stability that it has. It's got more glide than the Exo versions. It can handle a good bit of power, and it's got a little more low speed stability as well. In the hand, it feels a little bit deeper, but still much shallower than a P2.

Popping in during a rough 1st Quarter for my Bears...

The Link is the putter I've always wanted.

It is a lower profile wizard. Some of our Fossil Wizards achieved this shape, but not consistently.

I've been putting, approaching and throwing Links for the past month or two and it's been like love at first feel.

I prefer the soft during the cold weather but they're both exactly the same in terms of shape.

If you want a (dare I say it) better Wizard (for me)... Try a link. They're awesome.

^Seconded. I have abut 20+ Wizards. And I still love em. Just the Link feels easier in the hand due to lower profile, comes out cleaner and has more glide. The hard has also superb grip vs. any other "hard" putter plastic Ive ever felt.

Popping in during a rough 1st Quarter for my Bears...

The Link is the putter I've always wanted.

It is a lower profile wizard. Some of our Fossil Wizards achieved this shape, but not consistently.

I've been putting, approaching and throwing Links for the past month or two and it's been like love at first feel.

I prefer the soft during the cold weather but they're both exactly the same in terms of shape.

If you want a (dare I say it) better Wizard (for me)... Try a link. They're awesome.

I just may have to pick up a Link then. I got 2 Fossil wizards that I put with now and I love the combo of stiffness and grippyness (I love super stiff putters, but still need the grip). If your saying that the link can match that then I'm all the way in.

I just may have to pick up a Link then. I got 2 Fossil wizards that I put with now and I love the combo of stiffness and grippyness (I love super stiff putters, but still need the grip). If your saying that the link can match that then I'm all the way in.

I'd say the Hard Link is not quite as stiff as the Fossil Wizard

If I could have Dave produce perfect Fossil Wiz every time, I'd never deviate from them as my main putter.

That said, we haven't been able to replicate the super low profile that the first run of Fossil Wiz had. I just want them to be very "small" with a very tight shoulder.

The PWP feel similar to Fossil but most of those seem to have a thicker shoulder making them OS hawgs.

I'm sure we will try another Fossil Wiz run sometime but the Exo Link is a really great fill in.

I actually like the Exo Soft as it sits right in the SS/SSS gateway range. My main putter is seasoned up so that it can hold a nice smooth anny on an up shot.

Hard links are still not stiff but they are really really grippy. At least to me they are. They are just the same hard plastic from Latitude so if you like that plastic then you will like exo hard.

I putt with KC Aviars, for reference, and hate the feel of the exo hard plastic, too grippy and not hard enough.

Last edited:
Decided to try the exo hard Link in the bag in place of my wizards which I use for everything. I like that they are just slightly lower profile than my wizards. Does feel better in my hand. I've used a lot of wizards over the years and if I can order a Link and have it be like the last one everytime, I'm sold. Never knew what version of a "soft" wizard I was getting when ordering.

Latest posts