• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F1 vs F2

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Occasionally I will find that I want a disc that is shorter than my PD. But more stable than my teebird. Looking at Prodigy, either F1 vs F2. Which would be more like a shorter PD? But not overlap with my teebird. Thanks.

F1 to me seems about fresh teebird level of stable. F2 is definitely less stable than a teebird, especially newer runs of it.

Interesting! From what seeing the F1 seems pretty stable. Looks like a short firebird. Marshall Street has the f2 more overstable than the teebird
How far do you throw to compare?

Occasionally I will find that I want a disc that is shorter than my PD. But more stable than my teebird. Looking at Prodigy, either F1 vs F2. Which would be more like a shorter PD? But not overlap with my teebird. Thanks.

I know you're asking about Prodigy here, but two non-Prodigy recommendations: for more OS than a Teebird but still with some good distance, the Banshee does well. For more understable than a Teebird (a bit less finishing fade), a Pipeline is a really good disc.

I know you're asking about Prodigy here, but two non-Prodigy recommendations: for more OS than a Teebird but still with some good distance, the Banshee does well. For more understable than a Teebird (a bit less finishing fade), a Pipeline is a really good disc.

or a TL

For me, the Pipeline is between the Teebird and the TL/TL3 (and very nicely so). The TL starts to get in the FD and maybe Leopard3 arena.

Also to the thread, I haven't thrown the F1 or F2, but the F3 I got some time ago was in the Teebird/Pipeline area of flight. F3 is a nice disc; I should probably dig mine out and throw it some, in honor of this thread.

Prodigy doesn't really have a super beefy fairway speed disc. If you're set on prodigy you could find an old H1 which you will throw about fairway far because it is a brick. I throw F2s on holes between like 310-350. They have a good amount of fade, but don't have that laser flight of a teebird, even fresh ones would have a little wiggle. Newer runs are coming out weirdly understable and one I got I have to hyzer flip out of the box.

For me, the Pipeline is between the Teebird and the TL/TL3 (and very nicely so). The TL starts to get in the FD and maybe Leopard3 arena.

Also to the thread, I haven't thrown the F1 or F2, but the F3 I got some time ago was in the Teebird/Pipeline area of flight. F3 is a nice disc; I should probably dig mine out and throw it some, in honor of this thread.

Depends on the power, the F3 is strangely more underatable than the F5.

I also wouldn't even worry about trying to find something between a Teebird and TL.. at that point just adjust your release

Depends on the power, the F3 is strangely more underatable than the F5.

I also wouldn't even worry about trying to find something between a Teebird and TL.. at that point just adjust your release

My F3 is more OS than my F5, but I have the sample size of exactly one of each.

I don't carry a Teebird, I go from the TL/FD/Leo3 right to the Banshee.

Prodigy doesn't really have a super beefy fairway speed disc. If you're set on prodigy you could find an old H1 which you will throw about fairway far because it is a brick. I throw F2s on holes between like 310-350. They have a good amount of fade, but don't have that laser flight of a teebird, even fresh ones would have a little wiggle. Newer runs are coming out weirdly understable and one I got I have to hyzer flip out of the box.

So would the F1 be more like a firebird or fd3 ish? F2 like a fresh champ teebird or pd?

How old h1?

F1 is fresh teebird I've heard F2 compared to an eagle-L where it's more of a -.5 turn, 2 fade flight.

Just the older H1 mold instead of the H1 V2. It's ridiculously overstable.

Just get an Eagle X in different weights and plastics and you have every shot covered from OS to US.

F1 is fresh teebird I've heard F2 compared to an eagle-L where it's more of a -.5 turn, 2 fade flight.

Just the older H1 mold instead of the H1 V2. It's ridiculously overstable.

So the F1 or F2 would be more PD like?
Thinking the F1 mould be more like a shorter FD3, correct?

PD would probably be H2V2 if they ever release it or a beat in H1V2. F1 or F2 don't really have the legs to go as far. F1 isn't as stable as FD3, probably can get slightly better distance though.

PD would probably be H2V2 if they ever release it or a beat in H1V2. F1 or F2 don't really have the legs to go as far. F1 isn't as stable as FD3, probably can get slightly better distance though.

I'm looking for something that is a PD, but shorter. I love my pds, don't want to get replace them. Sounds like th F1, would be it yes?

f1 is the answer. it is comparable to a banshee, trident, spark type disc.

There's not much prodigy Info on here, and I don't want to start a new thread for a quick question. Could some one give me a quick comparison on what they feel the F3, F5, F7 fly like at around 300-350 power? Which innova molds are they most similar to? I've been trying to read reviews on each if these and just can't seem to get any real info as to what they fly like.

I throw F1s all the time. I usually carry three. I throw them for sideman fairway shots out to about 300' and for straight shots with a good amount of fade. I think they compare best to a champion banshee. I have a really beat up 400 that fills my teebird type shots. I think both the F5 and F1 are exceptional in all plastics.

I cycle the F5 for most my backhand fairway shots. I throw a 200'on big annys and rollers, then I have two 400 ones for dead straight and slightly under stable shots. I used to throw leopards and stalkers but they got replaced by my cycles of F5s.

Latest posts