• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Factory store

There's a disc shop I got to often & I know the owner well (we are in leagues together & we play together quite often outside of leagues) & he told me said that he already has a shipment of the 2x McPros on the way. I hope they are just as hard as they were previously & I hope there is some black one's I can acquire.

I think Innova is taking more priority now on appealing to our niche...collectors/fairly serious players because by keeping us happy, we are more likely to stick with them long term. Which helps them get seven more new business.

Plus these Tour Series discs are (for the most part) pretty freaking awesome.

There's a disc shop I got to often & I know the owner well (we are in leagues together & we play together quite often outside of leagues) & he told me said that he already has a shipment of the 2x McPros on the way. I hope they are just as hard as they were previously & I hope there is some black one's I can acquire.

O Yea, whos that

I got it on the viper restock, ordered a few reds and yellows. Interested in the reds, because everybody knows red discs are the most over stable.

The blues aren't. I got two, and they feel the same despite being very different shades of blue. There's considerably more give in the flightplate than the first runs.

But turning off noobs

I think Innova is taking more priority now on appealing to our niche...collectors/fairly serious players because by keeping us happy, we are more likely to stick with them long term. Which helps them get seven more new business.

Plus these Tour Series discs are (for the most part) pretty freaking awesome.

But a noob like me, looking for a flat champion firebird is beginning to seek other options for discs due to Innova's lack of inventory. Two sided sword. I was all about innova and their flight rating system until I found it is difficult to acquire the discs I want some times. Kind of forcing me to throw other stuff. But it's cool. Other people make good discs to I am learning.

But a noob like me, looking for a flat champion firebird is beginning to seek other options for discs due to Innova's lack of inventory. Two sided sword. I was all about innova and their flight rating system until I found it is difficult to acquire the discs I want some times. Kind of forcing me to throw other stuff. But it's cool. Other people make good discs to I am learning.

Flat Champ Firebirds are prevalent. They came back first in the form of Champ Glow CFRs, and there are now current Champ flatties out there.

Flat Top Firebirds are very easy to acquire. Post a Wanted thread in the Marketplace here on DGCR would work, I've seen many in person in disc shops (especially the newest run Firebirds tend to be flat) or buy one online. Here's just a few links to where you can buy specifically flat top Champ Firebirds for normal prices. All it took was a quick google search...
http://www.innovastore.net/product/234/ken-climo-flat-12x-champion-firebird
http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Innova-Champion-Firebird-Flat-Top-Disc-Golf-Driver-p/1534.htm
http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Innova-CFR-Glow-Flat-Top-Firebird-Disc-Golf-Driver-p/1013.htm
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/flat-top-firebird

A "noob like you" should be focusing on learning to throw cleanly more than looking for certain runs of discs.

If Paul McBeth can buy a bunch of discs he doesn't throw and adjust to them in a couple throws, that should tell you that molding differences aren't as important as everyone seems to think.

Last edited:

I've actually never seen a non-flat Champion Firebird. So I have no idea what you're talking about. And not to be harsh, but when people say stuff like this, it seems they are just looking for an excuse not to throw Innova. Which is fine, Innova is by no means the only company out there...literally ever manufacturer has at least one good product, most of them much more so than that. But you don't have to reason with anyone, let alone yourself.

And trust me, Innova does not turn off "noobs." They ensnare them.

And trust me, Innova does not turn off "noobs." They ensnare them.
:thmbup: I started with Innova when I was a kid & still to this day my bag is mostly Innova. Besides when you throw Innova so long & you cycle discs you start to like that each disc in the same mold & plastic aren't exactly the same. They ensnared me :D

Unfortunately, the Vipers were pretty much garbage.

I love the Viper, and this was pretty much the disc that I most looked forward to being made again in Champion Plastic. Sadly, the new ones were domey and flew like crap. I bought three of them, threw one a few times, and then sold them.

I'll stick to my CE ones. They're more expensive, but this is one of the cases where the extra money is worth it.

Dude, aren't you like 18? You're STILL a kid. :p
Hey! Eighteen is legally an adult. :D You lose "kid status" when you turn 13 then your a teenager. Once you hit eighteen your no longer a teenager your an adult (though many people older than I am act like children). I can buy tobacco products, join the military if I want to & vote. I started playing disc golf when I was very very young just throwing with my uncles getting 50's on every hole. I started with Innova & I'm stuck in my ways. So throwing Innova for 13 years is along time & qualifies as being ensnared. I was in my first league at thirteen throwing 300' with my drivers (shouldn't of been throwing drivers). I've been playing disc golf seriously longer than you have :D

Last edited: