• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Fairway hyzerflip to straight with no fade

I saw the Discraft heat offered a couple times but I'll say this about it: I used to bag three heats: a 165g z, a 173 big z, and a 173 z-flx. All three were good for a hyzerflip but the lighter Z and the big Z turned over out of the flip every time while the z-flx faded back every time so long as I wasn't throwing into a headwind. I personally don't think the heat fits the bill for you but I'm just another random opinion.
I think you might like a Daredevil Timberwolf though. Problem with Daredevil is they lack a lot of options per mold... Or rather each mold is a different model based on the plastic. But yeah, if you're thinking teebird, the timberwolf is an option

Goldline Culverin, Leopard3, certain Valkyries. FD could be another option although I personally have no experience with that mold.

I saw the Discraft heat offered a couple times but I'll say this about it: I used to bag three heats: a 165g z, a 173 big z, and a 173 z-flx. All three were good for a hyzerflip but the lighter Z and the big Z turned over out of the flip every time while the z-flx faded back every time so long as I wasn't throwing into a headwind. I personally don't think the heat fits the bill for you but I'm just another random opinion.
I think you might like a Daredevil Timberwolf though. Problem with Daredevil is they lack a lot of options per mold... Or rather each mold is a different model based on the plastic. But yeah, if you're thinking teebird, the timberwolf is an option

I'm kind of going to agree with this. I bagged a heat for a while. While flipping it up and having it take off straight was easy, I never could predict if it would just stay straight or fade back a bit at the end or turn right. Maybe I just suck or maybe I just couldn't get the hyzer angle or power just right. I just found it a little too unpredictable. Mine was a 173 ESP.

Another good option is a Gateway Assassin. For me it has the longest flight with the least lateral movement. The hand feel is similar to an Undertaker.

JLS and Stalker come to mind. The Heat is too understable for me. At a lower power I can see the heat going straight. Gateway Sabre is also pretty good for that.
Sabre, JLS, FD, TL are all in the same area in the Marshall street guide for a reason. The stalker I might put in the line with teebird and cyclone, having more fade.

Whats worked for me in the past in this slot: pro leopard, z zombee, worn dx viper, beat champ teebird, worn 400 f3, pro/champ valkyrie, champ thunderbird.
I currently use a worn 400 f3 and beat champ firebird.

Big fan of the Heat! a Star Mamba is a crazy hyzerflip disc but it has a lot of turn.

Latest posts