• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

fairway question

frennis524

Par Member
Why are the pros and cons of X cyclones(new ones) and an S Sabre? Distance, workability, glide...?

X cyclones are probably the longest of the cyclones. They are very controllable and workable on a lot of lines. They also last a little longer than pro-d clones. They are a lot like a slightly less stable dx gazelle. I actually prefer gazelles because they are a little longer, I do think cyclones are better on shorter lines that need a lot of direction changes.

S Sabres were fairly short for me when I last tried them...maybe 85% of the D I was getting from gazelles at the time. They are extremely straight....like pretty much the straightest disc Ive thrown. Very stable when flattened from a hyzer in calm conditions but they didnt hold up well in windy situations. They dont seem to have any glide at all. They finish dead nuts straight which is pretty cool.

Latest posts