• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

fantasy disc golf anyone?

question about scoring.

in the last tournament, Texas State Championships, the below players brought in these scores:
Paul McBeth placed 11th and won you 101 points.
Nikko Locastro placed 1st and won you 100 points.
David Feldberg placed 2nd and won you 94 points.

below is how the scoring works per the site

Scoring
In a tournament, golfers will score one point for each other player they beat in the MPO (Men's Open) field, plus one additional point for playing. This means you should select golfers you know will be playing MPO; no other divisions will be considered when scoring.

Scoring Example: Joe Player has selected Ken Climo and Nikko Locastro for his team for The Memorial Championship. The tournament has 50 players in the MPO field. Nikko finishes first and Ken finishes fifth. Nikko receives 50 points (49 for beating 49 players, and 1 for playing). Ken receives 46 points (45 for beating 45 players, and 1 for playing). Joe Player's total team score for The Memorial Championship is 96 points (50 + 46). All four golfers on your team will be counted toward your total points.

Your score accumulates throughout the tour. The points you receive each tournament are added to your team's total points. At the end of the tour, the team with the most points wins! In the event of a tie between two players, the tiebreaker will be the date on which the player joined the league. The player having joined the league earlier will win the tie.

this does not seem to make sense. How did Paul earn more points when he placed lower than Nikko? And why didn't Feldberg earn more points for getting 2nd?

^Just overhauled my team:
Nikko
Schusterick
Barsby
Kolling

I had to take a few 15 pointers and a 16 pointer in order to regain Nikko at 20 points.
Wish me luck.
DSCJNKY

My picks finished 2,7,16,24. The two words to describe my fantasy disc golf ability are pea & ewe. Should be dining on the hind teet before too long.

Riding my homie Barry and semi homie Nikko; played his uncle's course a couple of weekends ago. Glad Billings stayed hot two weekends in a row. Been wanting to choose Barsby ('cause I like the dude) for a while; and picking him to defend his title from last year seemed a good choice; but he was coming from behind from the start.

I went with my two favorite players, and two locals I just can't pass up after seeing them throw fantastic rounds at Hambrick.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts