• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farthest flying non wide wing driver?

allsport1313 said:
What's all the rage with DX Teebirds? Worth trying if I like Teebirds?
not sure but they are getting a lot of love lately. i got an dx ice bowl teebird this year and i have to admit i fell in love with the thing. i'll still keep a metal flake champ in my bag for the over stable slot but i'm thinking of cycling dx for the straight and under stable fairway slots.

Hahaha. Thanks to Keltic I now get it. Lol. And I'M BUYING A CHEETAH! Apparently they are the cats meow...

pask2155 said:
Well I have no idea what your talking about. Lol. But JR you are half the reason for my D! The longer reach back and the hip getting past neutral really helped my throw... So thanks!

That is part of the reason why this site rocks other parts include identifying good discs and bag setups for any given player in the courses and conditions they play in and other skill sets of other parts of the game. so you're welcome i'm just paying forward the help i've gotten. And making the game better for everyone. A friendlier learning curve is always nice if it results in performance increase too :) And the Cheetah is not that special but it is ok if you like the style. I'd get a Star Leopard first.

keltik said:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5668

Heh, now I feel dumb... I remember seeing that post (reposted sometime in my time here as I wasn't playing when it was originally posted) but had forgotten about it.

The newest disc that's exactly what you're looking for:
longerfastertbirdmedcopy_zps725e30f8.jpg

I've got a C-tier tomorrow and I'm thinking about bagging this:

Eagle-X
Leopard
Pain
Fuse
Pure
Polecat

PMantle said:
I keep saying I'm going to play a round with nothing faster than 7, yet I just never get around to doing it.
Do it! You will be amazed at your score. I played with only a midrange (QMS) and putter (Omega SS) and scored what I normally do. I didn't have the opportunities for a 2 like I do normally, but I didn't get into any trouble either.

Steady 26542 said:
PMantle said:
I keep saying I'm going to play a round with nothing faster than 7, yet I just never get around to doing it.
Do it! You will be amazed at your score. I played with only a midrange (QMS) and putter (Omega SS) and scored what I normally do. I didn't have the opportunities for a 2 like I do normally, but I didn't get into any trouble either.

Yep, and then I sit in the parking lot scratching my head wondering why I normally carry so many discs. It's why I bought a nutsack. All I can carry is 6 in that thing. Shoot just fine. Now if I could just convince myself that's all I need in tournaments....

I'm actually looking to finally commit to playing with 3 discs for an extended period of time. Normally when I try this I wind up sticking with it for 2 rounds tops. I'm going Aviar, Roc, Leopard... And I'm gonna stay with that for a while. Just committed to this today...

I would say Dx Valk and Dx Tbird:
Previous worldrecord, 250meters, Christian Sandstrom (Valk)
247meters, Ken Jarvis (I think it was a T-bird, not 100% though)

Are there any Valk-like discs from manufacturers other than Innova?

Pask do you have any video of you throwing?

Keltik, how did the short bag go?