• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite overall Charlotte area course

Favorite QC area course?

• Eastway Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sugaw Creek Park

• Elon Park (Long & Short combined for this poll)

• Stumpy Creek

• Total voters

chain-addicted

Banned
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Alright you QC discers: here it is. The "Renny vs. the Nest" thread got me to thinkin' about putting up another poll. Most of the well known QC area courses are listed and its up to you to vote on which one fits the bill as your favorite. You can just vote and/or you can explain why you voted for said course. Also notice that a few of the courses are not technically within the Charlotte city limits, but are considered a "Charlotte area" course. Due to the poll choice limitation I am only putting 18 hole courses on this selection list. *If you have a course in mind that is not listed, yet is in the Charlotte area (i.e. Bailey Road Park) you may decide not to vote on the poll but list it in a thread response and tell why (if you wish).

Also, if you are an out-of-towner who has played some or most of the Charlotte area courses, you may vote as well even if you have not played all of them.

(*And yes bikinjack, I knew you would pitch a fit if I didnt include Rankin Lake so there you go.:p:D)

You know which is my favorite, but I haven't played Eastway or Fox Chase yet. Of the ones on the list, I think I like Stumpy the best. I would like it even better than Rankin if the last four or five holes were more like the rest of the course.

How is Fox Chase listed as a Charlotte-area course, but Glenn Hilton, Winthrop & Rankin, which are all closer than FC, aren't included?

Besides, we all know Dickerson in Monroe is the best.

How is Fox Chase listed as a Charlotte-area course, but Glenn Hilton, Winthrop & Rankin, which are all closer than FC, aren't included?

*If you have a course in mind that is not listed, yet is in the Charlotte area (i.e. Bailey Road Park) you may decide not to vote on the poll but list it in a thread response and tell why (if you wish).

Either choose one from the poll or type in a course of your choosing that is within an hour drive of Charlotte..... [hits Staples Easy Button]

This post doesnt ask "which one is the best". It simply asks for your opinion on which one is your favorite and why. If you dont wanna answer with either a poll selection or a typed response then just ignore the thread.

Hands down Fox Chase. Hills (some big), variety (length, shape, terrain, open/tight), challenge, seclusion, beauty, woods....all that stuff is in perfect proportion. And it has water too on a few holes.

I know I put my Rankings of the Charlotte courses in all my reviews (the ones I've played anyways)... so I guess I'll put it here too:

Charlotte: Renny, Hornett's, Nevin (in the future), Sugaw, Kilborne, Nevin (now), Reedy.

Charlotte Region: I'd put Rankin in there with Sugaw and Kilborne. And Stumpy above Nevin (future).
(which reminds me... I need to upload my Stumpy review).

DSCJNKY

Hands down Fox Chase. Hills (some big), variety (length, shape, terrain, open/tight), challenge, seclusion, beauty, woods....all that stuff is in perfect proportion. And it has water too on a few holes.

I need to get up there and play that course. Other than the hour plus drive, I don't know why I haven't already. I'll wait to vote on this poll until I play Fox Chase.

I haven't played them all, but I vote Fox Chase anyway. But if that is in Charlotte then so is Brackett's Bluff. If we include that as a closed course I may have to go with Brackett's. Even though I hate that freaking boulder hole!!!

I haven't played them all, but I vote Fox Chase anyway. But if that is in Charlotte then so is Brackett's Bluff. If we include that as a closed course I may have to go with Brackett's. Even though I hate that freaking boulder hole!!!

For sure... Bracketts beats them all. I couldnt include BB though because it's closed, but I heard some "things" are in the works.;)

OK, I went and checked out Eastway today (while helping pour teepads) and I think I'm gonna like it. It's more open than most of the courses around here, so wear your sunblock. It makes great use of the elevation in the park, and there are even some great wooded holes, too. I can't wait to play it. A couple of the pin placements are instant classics.

For sure... Bracketts beats them all. I couldnt include BB though because it's closed, but I heard some "things" are in the works.;)

You seem to know about BB ;) and I am glad you do (or in my case did)!

I don't see Mint Hill on there.
Mint Hill doesn't get enough love. It's much tougher than it used to be, because of the growth of the woods that border the holes. Stay in the open, or else.
Anyways, it's my favorite Charlotte course because I cut my teeth on Mint Hill. LOVE that layout. I know that it is fairly short, and it's only nine holes, but it's probably my favorite course of all time. Played it three times during the USDGC raod trip last year.
Anyways, I realize it's certainly not the best course, but it is my sentimental choice.
I see that I'm the first one to choose Kilborne. Of the ones on the poll, it's my favorite. I don't really like some of the changes since I left Charlotte, but it's still fun for me.
Sugaw would be my second choice on the poll.

I don't see Mint Hill on there.
Mint Hill doesn't get enough love. It's much tougher than it used to be, because of the growth of the woods that border the holes. Stay in the open, or else.
Anyways, it's my favorite Charlotte course because I cut my teeth on Mint Hill. LOVE that layout. I know that it is fairly short, and it's only nine holes, but it's probably my favorite course of all time. Played it three times during the USDGC raod trip last year.
Anyways, I realize it's certainly not the best course, but it is my sentimental choice.
I see that I'm the first one to choose Kilborne. Of the ones on the poll, it's my favorite. I don't really like some of the changes since I left Charlotte, but it's still fun for me.
Sugaw would be my second choice on the poll.

Sorry but Mint Hill doesn't compare AT ALL. Although it might seem rough being my 8th ranked Charlotte course (Out of my 9 played . . . SOrry Dave242 Cameron Yards was the only one with a lower rating), it still is ranked higher than about 100 of my 205 courses played. I gave it a 3 disc rating, which is better than average. It was fun and the most beginner friendly course in Charlotte but it just didn't intrigue me enough to come back when I have 7 better courses in the area (and from the sounds of it Eastway might make it 8).

I'll let that vote slide. Fox Chase is a great course. It's definitely in my top 5 Charlotte area courses to play.

i spun my finger around the mouse pad, lifted it, did it again and clicked whatever i landed on. turns out, it already had a few votes so it wasn't half bad.

Yeah, sorry DiscJunkie, but Mint Hill is el sucko in comparison.

Fox Chase titillates more of my senses so it got my vote. I think Stumpy is going to shape into a beast. I just wish so many of their holes weren't so close to ball fields. Elon combined is a great day of disc golf, I enjoyed it very much b/c of the close proximity of the two courses (like Wellspring and Cedarock).