• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite overall Charlotte area course

Favorite QC area course?

• Eastway Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sugaw Creek Park

• Elon Park (Long & Short combined for this poll)

• Stumpy Creek

• Total voters
They're talking about planting some trees along the OB line on hole 17 (I think) at Stumpy, which will make that hole so much better. It's the weakest hole on the course, by a long shot, in my opinion.

Kilborne was my favorite course in the area (when I got into DG) but I had to up my game to the Nest. The Nest/Web just brings it.

Oh and yeah, Mint Hill? Sorry DiscJunkie, but I prefer North Cabarrus Park as a nine-holer of choice over Mint Hill. Hole #4 at No-Cab is one of the hardest holes in DG I have ever played.

They're talking about planting some trees along the OB line on hole 17 (I think) at Stumpy, which will make that hole so much better. It's the weakest hole on the course, by a long shot, in my opinion.

The one with the basket on the slope just right of the soccer field is incredibly weak sauce. Tall, crappy grass. Field with children just to the left. Nasty brush down the slope to the right. Just a poorly designed hole period, IMO.

I had a fun moment at Mint Hill. At hole 1, these two n00bs (one n00b was actually introducing the other n00b to the game) let me and my bro play through. I proceeded to nonchalantly park an Eagle for a gimme putt. I love doing that.

Last edited:
Sorry but Mint Hill doesn't compare AT ALL. Although it might seem rough being my 8th ranked Charlotte course (Out of my 9 played . . . SOrry Dave242 Cameron Yards was the only one with a lower rating), it still is ranked higher than about 100 of my 205 courses played. I gave it a 3 disc rating, which is better than average. It was fun and the most beginner friendly course in Charlotte but it just didn't intrigue me enough to come back when I have 7 better courses in the area (and from the sounds of it Eastway might make it 8).

I don't care at all. In fact, I also have Cam Yards rated the lowest in the Charlotte area (except the now extinct original 9-hole version of Sugaw and Doral Cavalier, doinkers Selwyn Country Club & Dorton Park (Concord)).

I live really close to the Mint Hill course, so I play there the most.

My favorite place to play is the front 9 of Hornet's nest, but as I'm a pretty terrible player, the distance on that course eats me up.

That being said, my favorite is Hornet's nest, but my favorite place to play where I don't feel like a total idiot is Kilborne.

Man, I gotta get out and play these newer courses. Just moved back home to Concord and live close to N Cabarrus. I agree that hole #4 is fun and tough. I get sick of that bamboo. I've been living in GA for about a decade and so much up here has changed. Hadn't even heard of half of these until I got on this site. When I left, Hornet's was my fave and Renny was the Beast. Played a lot of Reedy and Kilborne too. Sugaw was only 9 too. I think Dorton blows also, and N Cabarrus could easily add a back 9 through the woods back out towards the gate. I never see anyone playing when I go, ever.