• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD mold plastics

River is a solid "less stable FD" option, but I'd caution the OP to feel one before buying. Rivers always felt horribly uncomfortable to me. Not sure if that's due to the abnormally large diameter for a fairway, or the massive dome, or something else. I ended up going with Hatchets even though I wanted to love Rivers.

And plus rim.

And plus rim.

Yeah you might be right. I throw a ton of Westside and DD molds but zero lat64 molds. Lat discs, in general, are less comfortable to me. I've never really been able to put a finger on it, but it could very well be that Lat64 rims are too plus-shaped for my personal taste.

OK so I was set on going a low-weight S-line FD.
I found one 167g but all the way from Canada. Shipping to Czechia would be a bit expensive, though still pretty affordable.
However, I found a 170-172g G-line FD without any of these shipping costs included. Now I am really split. I know this will be hard to say, but are these going to be almost completely interchangeable or will I notice a difference still? Thank you

G-FD's are my favorite, can be thrown for straight to slightly under stable flights, unfortunately they stopped making discs in this plastic blend so if you come across some I'd suggest grabbing them.
C-FD's are my least favorite, the few I had were a tick too over stable for what I want out of the FD.
The P-Line and S-Line FD's both fly straightest for me.

The weird thing I've noticed is that it seems most/all of the FD's available now are all 175 grams, hard to find anything in the 160's like you could in the past.

OK so I was set on going a low-weight S-line FD.
I found one 167g but all the way from Canada. Shipping to Czechia would be a bit expensive, though still pretty affordable.
However, I found a 170-172g G-line FD without any of these shipping costs included. Now I am really split. I know this will be hard to say, but are these going to be almost completely interchangeable or will I notice a difference still? Thank you

Have you checked https://www.discgolfstore.de/Fairway-Driver They have FD in stock in a few different plastics and weights and if you are in Czechia the delivery cost is not bad. That place is Discmania's German company.

Have you checked https://www.discgolfstore.de/Fairway-Driver They have FD in stock in a few different plastics and weights and if you are in Czechia the delivery cost is not bad. That place is Discmania's German company.

Thanks for the tip! Yes, this is also a possibility, though I am worried about the light green colour. I won't see it in the grass, I have really bad experience with green discs. Also, the 167 S-Line from Canada costs the same with shipping...

I just found a Czech shop that has a G-Line FD in 171g and C-Line in 167g. Currently I am inclined to take the G-Line but I am still not too sure tbh... Still there is something in me that wants to take the S-line, I don't know why.