• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg's Towel Tip?

racer93

Double Eagle Member
Hey all,

I noticed on a promo for his and Climo's DVD that is supposedly out (although I think the production people had issues...?) he talks about practice "the hit" using a towel. Anyone have more info on this? I'd like to see exactly what to do, if I could. (FYI, I'd buy the dvd, but looks like I can't...)

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

Daniel

i seen the clip on youtube, someone posted a link a while ago (i dont have it)

but its pretty simple, get the towel to snap using you throwing form
important to know- DO NOT pull back on the towel to get it to snap
if done correctly, it snaps hard with normal follow through

why does this not work when you first try it??
well thats because your form sucks... (mine does too, so dont be mad)
it will work - but you must pull to the pecs - a swinging arm just fans dust around

if you pull tight to your body and follow through, it pops/snaps (you can hear it)
an odd feeling, but it works for figuring out timing, if you can pop a towel, you can throw over 350

just a reminder, pulling back on the towel is cheating, and you deserve to throw 200ft or less

:)

The disc has been available for a while.
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=463

In a nutshell, the towel practice suggestion is this:
Practice your full throwing motion with a large dish towel in hand. If it pulls through the air, you're not getting enough snap. If it forcibly pops against the air, you are.

That's weird...I didn't see it at dgcenter. Hmm. I saw the preview vid, but followed the link and it was bad. Then, I saw some things posted about the production company being kaput and, well, that's why I said what I did. Sorry for missing on that one...

Thanks, though, for posting the info!

Daniel

Well, it sounds like fabric moving through air fast, like a "woosh" or maybe a small "pop." No pop like it was actually snapping (as if to snap your wife's derierre), but I don't think that's what you're supposed to hear, right?

Daniel

i seen the clip on youtube, someone posted a link a while ago (i dont have it)

but its pretty simple, get the towel to snap using you throwing form
important to know- DO NOT pull back on the towel to get it to snap
if done correctly, it snaps hard with normal follow through

why does this not work when you first try it??
well thats because your form sucks... (mine does too, so dont be mad)
it will work - but you must pull to the pecs - a swinging arm just fans dust around

if you pull tight to your body and follow through, it pops/snaps (you can hear it)
an odd feeling, but it works for figuring out timing, if you can pop a towel, you can throw over 350

just a reminder, pulling back on the towel is cheating, and you deserve to throw 200ft or less

:)

Eh, I've been playing almost 10 years now and could throw (before going on medical leave) 375' very accurately, occasionally maxing at 400'. Not much more than that. I really wanted to check my form because I just could not improve my distance from that and therefore something had to be wrong in my form.

Daniel

wow! this never occured to me but makes so much sense. im gonna go try this right now..... i got some noise not much. are you supposed to let go? or hold on to it?

yea dont let go lol. i practice snap in sets of 20 or 30. believe me, if youre doing it right, your arm will be a little tired after that many. if your form or audible snap starts to fall off, take a break. i also like to practice hyzer and anhyzer angles. i find it helps to start with a short, slow leading motion from the pull back and try to accelerate/explode once you reach your pec.

The towel will snap like when you used to play grab ass in the junior high locker room.

If the back of the towel is just flopping out to the side instead of snapping straight forward then you aren't accelerating properly.

You guys that have not seen this must not play tourneys. So many guys do this as a warm up. Makes me laugh when one or two guys are doing it, then everyone starts to copy them.

possibly one of the best tips ever in learning DG.

I showed a friend of mine the acceleration technique and snap in his throws and he jumped another distance level instantly. me? Stuck, almost have regressed back this year. The towel really shows you if your are incorrectly accelerating.

possibly one of the best tips ever in learning DG.

I showed a friend of mine the acceleration technique and snap in his throws and he jumped another distance level instantly. me? Stuck, almost have regressed back this year. The towel really shows you if your are incorrectly accelerating.

Well, huh. It sounds in the video like it is an audible "snap." Me, I get a partial snap at the hit, but not like you are intentionally snapping the towel at someone.

Again, I could throw 375' before this, but I had plateaued and I figured it was something in my technique. What can be done in order to increase the snap of the towel?

focus on wrist extension and less on arm speed. arm speed produces a 'ruffling' sound like the towel is being held out of a window. wrist extension produces a loud POP that sounds like it would be very painful if aimed at bare skin :)

i start at the right pec position (being a righty) and work farther back, working in a longer reach back while focusing on accelerating into the snap and getting that nice pop everytime.

still rubbish

still cant do it, towel just seems to ruffle through the air. I am expecting to hear a pop comparable to the crack of a whip, right? I get no sound on the video link....

could anyone who can actually do this put a photos or a youtube vid up?

Latest posts