• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Figuring out the dye process

Perfect disc for that dye...looks like it's in a bubble. I realize it's different based on the plastic and temperature, but about how long did you leave it in the dye to get the gray bubbles?

eky8 said:
It's actually a 2 color dye. I used a pearl grey to get those bubbles. I left it in for about 10 minutes.
Hah, figures. I originally wrote asking if you used two colors and figured it was probably just a shading effect and deleted it. Looks good is the important thing.

New one. Bled really bad on the edges, and I slightly over masked between the red and purple. But I like it.
jt9vfo.jpg

Hey Chuck, How do you get your dye all the way to the edge without bleeding. I've tried a couple of these and I've had major bleeding problems.

eky8 said:
Hey Chuck, How do you get your dye all the way to the edge without bleeding. I've tried a couple of these and I've had major bleeding problems.

I just refuse to dye any disc that has more dome than the Houston Astros.

Usually, I design or size the image so that it only comes to the edges at one or two places. That way you can engineer wrinkles into the vinyl in places where there are no cuts. When the image is circular, and you want it to go all the way to the edge, it's a crapshoot mix of vinyl adhesiveness, savvy squeegie action, and prayer to Offler the Crocodile God.

The guy who asked for it is going to frame it up nice and neat. He's been framing up tourney discs and wanted to try a dyed disc with a nice geometric pattern. So I don't think it will ever get thrown.

You should tell him to hang it up for awhile, but throw it once it becomes all faded and blurred and such.

Nope. I play almost every day. I work shift work so most of the time I'm playing during the middle of the day while everyone else is at work. :lol: Only problem is it's frickin' hot out there.

Another new disc. Hand cut as always. This one took a while to cut and weed. But I am totally happy with it. Elite Z Stalker. I hate Discraft stamps. :evil:
2yyehe8.jpg