• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firebird or TeeRex?

Well, I think I'll give the Predator a try. If I don't like it, I can always go back to a Firebird. What plastic, Elite Z?? Also, can someone compare discraft plastics to Innova? I'm not sure what Elite Z is like.
Z - Champion
ESP - Star
X - Pro (but better, IMO)
D - DX

As far as I know the Predator is only made in Z and ESP right now.

Love Firebirds and Z-Predators. Also the first run Tsunami was the original Pred mold. I gotta agree with the Predator suggestion. Great disc, was always my fave from Discraft. I have a first run Z Pred and it's still stable like 8 years later. That was when discs were really stiff though. Before everyone got all sensitive n ****.

DX=Pro D
Pro=Elite-X
Champ=Elite-Z
STAR=ESP

IMO innova has nothing that is truly like Discrafts FLX though

Predator for sure.

You know, I JUST stopped throwing my 1st run CE FireBird (I think it is first run...opaque and super flat, CE stamp....bought it in 2005ish) in favor of a 1st run TeeRex.

So I prefer the TeeRex.

i realize that a poor release will affect the TR more, but I haven't had too much problem with it. I was mainly only using the FB for flick shots, and I was throwing it maybe 1 time per 2 rounds.

So yeah, TeeRex for me.

"Discing up" to a TeeRex might be a bad idea if you play a heavily wooded course, you'd be sacrificing accuracy for *possibly some extra distance. I would go either champion firebird or Z predator (their respective companies' most durable plastics). I have thrown both and you can't really go wrong.

Latest posts