• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Vinyl Dye

tomn8r

Par Member
Before this i just used sponges or paint brushes to put dye on discs hoping to get the desired results. When i learned about dyeing with vinyl & the cool patterns that could be created i was interested but reluctant until learning more about the techniques & methods. Before buying any sign vinyl i experimented with some stickers (knowing they're basically vinyl) & dipping a disc...& when the parts that were covered came out nice & clean, that's when i decided to purchase some vinyl & transfer tape. I rigged up a light table out of an old broken scanner i had & a 12 inch light i bought off Ebay. I did'nt have a light enough touch & cut through the backing..prob'ly why some of the lines are'nt perfectly strait.I also forgot/did'nt know better than to cut around the perimiter, so when i went to take the backing off the vinyl wanted to come off with it & i had to realign everything. It is not perfect, but i'm happy with it. Overall i'm very pleased with the results & next time i'll know a few do's & don'ts. Just want to say thanks, as this forum has been a source of inspiration & i probably wound'nt have done this without seeing what others did! The disc is an teal ESP Crush with Navy blue Rit. So what does anybody think? Tom

Attachments

• PICT0101.jpg
    PICT0101.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 26
bad ass man. love the helicopter dyes. i actually had a t-rex way back when that i did with permanent marker that way...i'm talking THE SAME WAY :thmbup:

soon be getting in to the dyes myself.

Thanks! It was just a printed pic i used to cut it out & the pic was'nt big enough so i just kept cutting until i got to the line which i drew around the disc before. I have a buddy which is going to help me out with some software, & that should solve that problem! I will never (unless i want to reminis, "dye spilling/running") dye with sponges/brushes again! I have a question i'm hoping someone can anser, if not no biggy. There is a spot on the disc where the dye Navy blue almost looks black/turned dark. Why would this happen? Not mixed dye good enough?

Latest posts