• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flippiest disc ever?

Take your flippiest driver, then throw it nice and easy, flat, about 50 feet. It will fade, noticeably. The same thing will not happen with a beat X Comet.

I can throw that Comet at 25ft and it would fade. I can throw a Sonic 5ft and it will fade. So what?

lol the nova isn't a great roller for me. it can work but i feel it's not as solid or firm or something.

All drivers will have more LSS than those slower, neutral discs.

lol the nova isn't a great roller for me. it can work but i feel it's not as solid or firm or something.

You can learn to roll any disc. But I agree that some are better than others.

I also have to agree with BigSky. While a Mamba or Katana may be super understable for someone with a big arm, they would be meathooks for someone without the arm for high speed drivers. I wouldn't classify that as being a candidate for "Flippiest Disc."

ok an optimizer brand new u can throw very easily on a hyzer and get a great roller. its a trick to get it not to flip over/ its very difficult to do. I threw a standing bh roller with mine today super easily to get out of trouble. I threw it flat about 30% power and it flipped and rolled and finished right. if u want a disc for crazy easy rollers this is it. it has been a great disc to teach myself roller angles and lines with because I don't throw them much. but I also carry it to get out of trouble. for real flippy. it will turnover on jump putts

You can learn to roll any disc. But I agree that some are better than others.

yeah that's pretty much what i was saying.
for me, any champ type plastic or medium to stiff dx seems to work well.
now just sorta looking for the best mold for short, low power rhbh rollers.

For "flippiest disc ever" I was also going to say optimizer.

for the shot you are asking about I might use a beat lightweight (130s) skeeter or stingray, or a lightweight dx leopard.

The correct answer for flippiest disc is optimizer. Anyone who says otherwise has not thrown an optimizer.

dx aviars even when beat to piss and have a wavy rim, can still hold a hyzer.

i love my aviars. so your right on about them still being too stable.

my buddy rolls a beat wizard for a putter roller

i'll have to try this optimizer lol
can it roll good? or is it just a flip machine?

my x-out blizzard krait is nuts. i can release it on a crazy hyzer, almost vertical, and it will flip up to flat. even on a hyzer release it sometimes turns out completely into a roller. i hate it for that, but its money when i need distance on a shot that requires a low flight and a dead straight line.

It rolls well. Mine is a 159g of their dx plastic and it rolls great

No Stingray love? I throw that shot with a beat up DX Stingray. Find a light one and your good to go, mine is a 180 so not took a minute to break it to that point.

After reading through all this bickering I'm surpized nobody recommends the one disc almost exclusively used as a roller; Condor. Sure, it's a horrible putter, but it's a slow flippy roller machine. I have a Blizard at 165 and I just recently snagged a 134 DX. I'm so smug about this that I typed this whole message with my eyes closed.

After reading through all this bickering I'm surpized nobody recommends the one disc almost exclusively used as a roller; Condor. Sure, it's a horrible putter, but it's a slow flippy roller machine. I have a Blizard at 165 and I just recently snagged a 134 DX. I'm so smug about this that I typed this whole message with my eyes closed.

:hfive::clap: