• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floppy putts using straight arm method

Jank

I've been trying to practice a straight arm putt using the methods found in this video.

Whenever I do it my puts mostly come out of my hand without much rotation on them and end up looking like a pizza being tossed in the wind. Is there another good putting video that might explain it differntly or some drills I can try to develop the right timing and release?

That method has naturally less spin than a spin putt. If you mean the one that Cam Todd uses. Feldy has a different putt that raises the arm slowly for most of the arm movement and accelerates sharply in the end. Both techniques benefit from finger spring that is straightening the fingers pushing the rim of the disc forward spinning the disc some. Dave does flick the wrist forward very little at times in the end of the movement for a partial spin to pitch putt hybrid and it works very well especially in the wind and at longer ranges.

I dunno what I want. My putt is atrocious so I'm looking a good
Video that i can totally redo my putt from and eliminate the old tendencies. What putt style do you recommend that I learn from?

Obviously I'm trying to eliminate any right or left misses with my technique so I only need to
Focus on up and down.

Eventually you should be able to putt with a stagger and straddle stance and spin and pitch putt. To be able to putt around obstacles. A hybrid spin/pitch putt allows one to use the same form at every distance. Two important things in putting form are a quick late acceleration and in a spin putt not allowing to let the elbow straighten to reduce right misses. The quick acceleration early enough ensures that.

Latest posts