• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

Apple Valley tags played the Massanutten Monster layout for the upcoming Limestone Ledges Open today. It's a variation of the true monster layout: hole 0 to A pin, hole 1 A, hole 2, hole 3 B, hole 4 and 5, hole 6 A, hole 7 A, hole 8 B, hole 9 B extended tee (par 5), holes 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 B pins, hole 17 tee to 18's pin (par 5). Total par 67 and a tough 67 at that. The winning score was 65. Jenny Smiley graced us with her presence on a break from tour.

I played with Sam, Nate, Nasty and Kevin. We started on the third hole, hole 2.

The scores:
3,3,4,3,3,3,3,6,6,4,5,3,6,3,3,5,3,4=70

Thrown discs:
Little Magic
175 Omega AP
175 Qmega
175 Recon Mortar
171 Star Mako3
174 Star Mako3
175 Gstar TL3
175 Star TL3
167 Star Roadrunner
??? Champ Thunderbird
168 Star Thunderbird
175 Draco
168 Halo Mystere
163 Star Wraith

The takeaway:
I played pretty solid and finished in a 3 way tie for fourth. I dropped from tag 8 to 9. The two bogies on back to back par fives hurt. The 6 on hole 14 was even worse. I should really work on my distance driving. I'm pretty inconsistent with it. Putting was rather solid. I only dropped 2 strokes there. *Bonus roller content for @Dcinmd* I threw 8 backhand rollers today. 7 with the Gstar TL3 and 1 with the Roadrunner. I got punished by the goundplay on 5 of them but the other 3 were alright. None were fantastic.

I need to take a couple Halo Mysteres out and dial them in. They have a lot of potential and are definitely a sleeper mold from Innova.

Seth beat me by 1 stroke for the third straight round. He's heading to Junior Worlds this year. He's got a good chance. He has fantastic game and no fear.

Dang it took me so long to beat you at Rockland this kid must be legit
I'm pretty sure I could take him at Rockland but AV leagues skips it when she reaches her summer finery. [insert whiny voice] "It's too hard, there's too many briars, I got a tick, I ran into a spider web, I saw a snake, the bear scares me, etc, etc."

Seriously though, he bombs and putts fearlessly. He managed to birdie from well out of position on hole 4 today, his last hole. I gave him daps at the end because I saw the shot. He put it 2 feet from the pin on a hyzer-flip flex out. He came in third behind Nate and Sam. I've got him by 30 years but he hasn't even grown into the game yet.

Dang it took me so long to beat you at Rockland this kid must be legit

I'm pretty sure I could take him at Rockland but AV leagues skips it when she reaches her summer finery. [insert whiny voice] "It's too hard, there's too many briars, I got a tick, I ran into a spider web, I saw a snake, the bear scares me, etc, etc."

Seriously though, he bombs and putts fearlessly. He managed to birdie from well out of position on hole 4 today, his last hole. I gave him daps at the end because I saw the shot. He put it 2 feet from the pin on a hyzer-flip flex out. He came in third behind Nate and Sam. I've got him by 30 years but he hasn't even grown into the game yet.
Nice people as well.

I played a league round with him on the lower forest the week before WVTI. He beat me by 2 but I wasn't on top of my game. He beat me on Monday by 1. I wish I had discovered this sport in my early years. I first played at 18 but didn't really get into it until I was 22. If he sticks with it he will be quite good.

I got to play with him in the 1st round of 23 Spartan. He could throw a ton then but had no clue which direction a disc was going. I see he's got a clue now. :)

*Bonus roller content for @Dcinmd* I threw 8 backhand rollers today. 7 with the Gstar TL3 and 1 with the Roadrunner. I got punished by the goundplay on 5 of them but the other 3 were alright. None were fantastic.

Definitely here for the roller content. Lots of opportunities on the Monster. (y)

Latest posts