• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] FLX X-Clones

mavsfan

Par Member
I was recently made aware that Discraft ran some X-Clone Molds in a FLX plastic. Anyone familiar with these as part of the Am Worlds?

I would really like to know if we are talking ESP-FLX; TiFLX; or Z-FLX (be still my wallet).

Thanks... I got a pair in yesterday. I need some dry weather to go throw em..

Got to go throw the FLX-Clone yesterday in the field. They played exactly as you would remember - A bit OS and not really the longest disc in the bag. Was able to handle FH drives, that worn in Tournament Pro versions Turned & Burned on, and finished with a nice fade rather than a hard dump.

Side by side comparison with the Felon in Lucid - Felon is faster and probably a tick more OS. FLX-Clone has better skip and fade tendencies. I was consistently getting both out to a true 270-290 range FH and the Felon just went further.
I was not quite as far BH but the X-Clone handled the lower power release a little truer than the Felon, due to the Glide and Fade.
I am a sucker for nostalgia so both are going in the bag -
Felon gets the higher ceiling sharper hook shots, where I would use the FLX-Clone on lower shots, especially ones that get an advantage on skips. I trust the Felon on powered down FH but I am leaning on the FLX-Clone on a powered down BH... but I might simply be justifying another disc in the bag.

I seem to be an X-Clone collector...lol Broke a beautifully beat oop X-Clone in half yesterday. Still have an unthrown 1st run and 6 other older runs I rotate through my bag.
Just found out about and located a few FLX-Clones recently and looking forward to getting them in my hands. Stoked!!

Last edited:

Latest posts