• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying Dragon Disc Golf in Decatur, Alabama

MiketheGoalie

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Does anybody have any additional information about this course or its development progress? The Decatur Parks and Recreation page says it will be completed in 2013. Its located in the Jack Allen Recreation Complex and it appears the official hours are 7am-4pm Monday through Friday.

Anybody on this board helping put this course together?

yellowflyingdragon.bmp

Flying Dragon: Design Input Requested!!!

work on the final holes will begin soon (november 2012). check out the new "Course Map" images, but realize that these are subject to change. in fact, design input is welcome from anyone willing to walk the undeveloped areas of the course within the next 2-3 weeks. the terrain is a critical factor and it is not possible to provide useful input without 'on the ground' knowledge.

the new layout will add 2-3 more holes in the wooded section, but in a much more scenic and rocky area (i.e. hard work but fabulously beautiful), and the final holes in more open areas, allowing for longer (up to 616') shots.

to assist in the development, contact us through this forum or via '[email protected]'.

thanks much!

btw, the posted hours that were mentioned earlier refer only to parking. the disc golf hours are dawn to dark, but when the soccer complex is not open, you have to walk further to begin playing disc golf. hint: start at hole 3 if you have to park at the gate.

Volunteer day this Saturday (March 9) for some green prep!! Excited to see work on this desperately needed course progressing.

My dad was born in Decatur, Alabama. It's fun to see the town is getting a dg course. :thmbup:

when is next work day at Flying Dragon?

New member here, haven't played in years but I'm glad to find out we are developing a course. Will help if someone will tell me what needs doing and how to go about it.

Played the in-progress course when I was in town over the weekend. First 12 holes looked good, especially 11 and 12. Those look to be "Signature" holes FWIW. I'll have a review up soon.

wish i'd known you were around, i would have tried to show you the last 6-7 holes, too, even tho they're not finished yet. look forward to your review... i think! ;)

FINALLY! The Flying Dragon is a full 18 holes! A couple of tpads are not finished, but all baskets are in. Tee signs have been made and should be installed within the week.

Latest posts