• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear

I used Keen and Solomon for most of my time playing, just recently bought my first pair of Merrells and I really enjoy them. "Bare Access" is the name and they're more of a trail running shoe. No ankle support supposedly emulating a barefoot run/5fingers-esque whatever. I don't know I'm not a runner. Don't care:cool:

Amazon link
iu

I have had merrels, keen and every other big 5 special. You really notice the difference with a good pair of all terrain shoes vs. skate or tennis shoes! I can't stress this enough. Each time I keep going a little more expensive and have always bennifited from it. (Except with the keen marshals, was not impressed)

I got these last time I was at Columbia. They are ultra light and very durable. The waterproofing is fantastic, but the grip of the sole is slippery when wet on occasion? They're really good and I could t pass them up for the price I got them for. I've put allot of miles on them the last year and are still going strong.

I would rate my shoe experience; Merrill's>Columbia>Keen>skate/tennis shoe
picture.php

I love my keen marshals. Good waterproofing and very comfortable.

Asic kahana trail shoes. Asics is the only major brand that fits my wide feet. Even NB is too narrow.

Big fan of the Merrells all access. I've had mine over a year:

The treds a little worn and the mesh is torn in spots, but still great to play in! They dry quickly, and you can just toss them in the washer so you don't really need socks. Great grip, as long as it's not muddy out.

But they are minimal! You'll feel every rock, and if you really pound the tee pad with your feet you can hurt yourself. But if you have tough feet already, and are used to minimal shoes they are perfect!

I have had merrels, keen and every other big 5 special. You really notice the difference with a good pair of all terrain shoes vs. skate or tennis shoes! I can't stress this enough. Each time I keep going a little more expensive and have always bennifited from it. (Except with the keen marshals, was not impressed)

I got these last time I was at Columbia. They are ultra light and very durable. The waterproofing is fantastic, but the grip of the sole is slippery when wet on occasion? They're really good and I could t pass them up for the price I got them for. I've put allot of miles on them the last year and are still going strong.

I would rate my shoe experience; Merrill's>Columbia>Keen>skate/tennis shoe
picture.php

Very comfortable shoe, but their longevity just wasn't there for me. Ripped through these in about 4 months. Glad I only paid $35 for these on steep and cheap. I really wish these would have lasted longer...because they were uber comfie on the course.

I used Keen and Solomon for most of my time playing, just recently bought my first pair of Merrells and I really enjoy them. "Bare Access" is the name and they're more of a trail running shoe. No ankle support supposedly emulating a barefoot run/5fingers-esque whatever. I don't know I'm not a runner. Don't care:cool:

Amazon link
iu

As a runner, the Merrell barefoot models are fun shoes for short runs(< 5 mi), but I really dig these for discing. So lightweight and fairly durable for how lightweight they are. The New Balance Minimus are pretty decent too.

Picked up a pair of the Keen Saltzman WP Mid's to replace my 4 year old Salomon's that I got off Steep and Cheap. First day wearing them around and they are a fair bit more stiff than the previous pair was when new. But for $60 shipped, I will get these bad boys broken over the next couple weeks...just in time for the spring season. Anybody else like the Saltzman?

Yes, I have a pair of the Keen Saltzman shoes and really like them, but $60 shipped, that's a steal!:thmbup:

Picked up a pair of the Keen Saltzman WP Mid's to replace my 4 year old Salomon's that I got off Steep and Cheap. First day wearing them around and they are a fair bit more stiff than the previous pair was when new. But for $60 shipped, I will get these bad boys broken over the next couple weeks...just in time for the spring season. Anybody else like the Saltzman?

Got the link? I couldn't find them on S&C.

That's a heavy duty boot!

The thing with my Keens was the sole wore out within one (heavy) season of disc golf on almost all of my pivot points.

I saw the Saltzmans yesterday. They've got the same sole as the Marshalls, which is borderline too soft for long term durability, but people love them. I was pretty shocked when I saw they were $20 less than Marshall WP.

The sole is a little softer, but that's what I like about them. I usually only wear these during late fall, winter and early spring rounds. So the teepads aren't too damaging to them and a little extra grip. I switch over to a firmer soled shoe for most of the DG season. But I figured, why not snag a pair for $63. That's pretty darn cheap for a boot like this.

Another vote for Solomons. I'm too old and fussy to wear anything less comfortable.

Yet another vote for Salomon's :thmbup:

Used to be an avid Merrel user as I loved the Moabs and even the Chameleons, but they tend to wear out a little quicker than I liked. Switched over to the Salomon XA Pro 3D Waterproof Trail-Running Shoes and could not be happier.

81NR036QNrL._UX575_.jpg

Very comfortable, keep my feet dry and have great traction.

Yet another vote for Salomon's :thmbup:

Switched over to the Salomon XA Pro 3D Waterproof Trail-Running Shoes and could not be happier.

Very comfortable, keep my feet dry and have great traction.

I almost got the mid version of these on Amazon, but saw an Amazon video review from a mailman named Steven Housman who had trashed 2 pair in a month. A hole develops at the top of the shoe causing leakage, and his soles looked bald in spots.

I followed Steven's quest for the perfect boot, and found his five star video review for the Adidas Terrex Swifts. He did his video a month after owning them, and they looked almost new.

I just wanted to hear (and see) how everyone's shoes, both in this thread and new ones you've tried, have held up.

I tried on a pair of terrex and I they were super uncomfortable to me.