• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Steve's a big fan of the Japan Open so it could happen. They posted a video on Facebook testing some new plastic that appears to be KC/Mc Pro like so looking forward to that.

The unwritten part for my question was along these lines, wondering if Steve or Bamba had ever commented on light weight plastics in general. Forgot about Steve being a fan of the Japan Open.

The unwritten part for my question was along these lines, wondering if Steve or Bamba had ever commented on light weight plastics in general. Forgot about Steve being a fan of the Japan Open.

Bamba told me they are doing light weight discs this year. I think they are going to be starlite type rather then blizzard. To me the really light first run outlaws have a weird feel to them almost like starlite.

To me the really light first run outlaws have a weird feel to them almost like starlite.

How light? I managed to snag a 175g FR Outlaw when they first came out :clap: .

Speaking of plastics, that FR Outlaw (Purple) feels very much like my production Blue Icon Cannon, but then a Second Run (male outlaw in the stamp or does that fall under production run?) Outlaw feels very much like my Purple Icon Cannon and Red Icon Rampage. First two being stiffer, to use a "technical" term :p , plasticky-plastic, while the latter three I would refer to as gummy/rubbery-plastic, much more give when you push down on the rim for example (better grip too). How much of that could be attributed to the colors themselves?

Then there's the Pinnacles I have, although that might be more down to the molds. First Legacy disc I ever bought was a Pinnacle Ghost, which is rather slick and very rigid, compared to a Pinnacle Cannon I recently added, they hardly seem like the same plastic. Pin Cannon doesn't actually differ all that much IMO from the Icons I have in feel, being less opaque probably going to slap a led to it once fall comes around again and hitting those darker days. Maybe it's the rim design/type on the Ghost (very little wing being a mid compared to drivers) that makes it feel more rigid/firmer type of plastic.

Protege Ghost hopefully.

That would probably piss off a lot of people! Not that it isn't anticipated, but the Nemesis / Prowler are lined up for release. If we're dreaming, I still want Pinnacle or Gravity Bandits.

Protege Ghosts have been long desired. They need to release them.

Last edited:
That video a few weeks ago with rico testing out a Ghost in a "new plastic" makes me think we will see something better than protege ghosts soon.

That video a few weeks ago with rico testing out a Ghost in a "new plastic" makes me think we will see something better than protege ghosts soon.

I didn't catch the video. Sounds promising though. I've jumped back on the Ghost train recently. Love excels

It was on the facebook page a while back, he crushed a ghost into a brick wall, picked it up looking at the rim and said "Looks good"... Was just a short teaser for new stuff he was testing.

I've been cycling Icons and Gravity ghosts for a while now, seems to cover everything i need but a new plastic would be fun, maybe a better kind of McPro.

Sounds like what I want. I like the Excels a lot but would love a KC Ghost.