• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Have you tried adding in a Banshee for when you really need to get a bit more fade or skip than you will get with an Eagle or Teebird?

I had one back in the day, but instead opted for a beat up Firebird for anything more than a beefy Teebird.
I've also held on to a handful of stiff, flat Eagle Xs (the ones that Heimburg likes) that are really overstable, and skip well.

I purchased two max weight stock avery's a few months ago. NOT over stable. I was expecting them to start out like my previous meat hooks that took some abusive seasoning for just a bit to get a good flight. These have a bit of turn, or can be thrown with a slight amount of hyzer and flip up right off the shelf. Still decent forward fade.

I've since picked up a couple of shimmer star with some tournament stamps that are nice, fairly flat and overstable without being too much.

I carry both right now.

Are they domey Star Teebirds? I know those to all be glidey discs with a little bit of turn. They do get pretty wild with any amount of wind.

IMO, the best Teebirds they're producing right now that fly closest to the classic Teebird flight are MF and Shimmer Star.

Are they domey Star Teebirds? I know those to all be glidey discs with a little bit of turn. They do get pretty wild with any amount of wind.

IMO, the best Teebirds they're producing right now that fly closest to the classic Teebird flight are MF and Shimmer Star.

Not domey but not flat. Looking at infinite right now, unless I got a couple oddballs all of their Star TBs are similar. I remember checking PLH vs the beat star I was retiring from my bag that took a year of abuse to not be maga-beef and these didn't seem much different. The stars have gotten squirrely in the wind a few times, but could have been too much wind but was probably just me.

The recent MF seem less stable than the older as well. I bought one as back-up to my favorite TB and not at all like what I had. My favorite started super beefy and beat in to straight to fade OS. It may just be more TB3 like I guess but it LOVED a headwind. I could swear that disc flew further in a decent headwind than it did in calm. Lost it and couldn't find another MF to fly like that. The newer ones, larger, fewer flakes, not the same, and definitely less flat. The most recent MF I picked up was at a tournament early spring at I lost it when it turned over into a headwind. That last one was pretty domey though.

I picked up a Luster TB off Ebay and a couple Luster TB3 from infinite recently and I personally can't tell the difference between them. Look/feel/flight. They are right now starting off just like I was hoping/expecting the new stars to fly. I really like the grip/feel of the luster plastic.

Oh, and I guess since i'm rambling all things my Teebirds... the Pro TBs I have ARE pretty domey like just about all the Pro drivers i've tried. (not a huge number though).

Last edited:
I had one back in the day, but instead opted for a beat up Firebird for anything more than a beefy Teebird.
I've also held on to a handful of stiff, flat Eagle Xs (the ones that Heimburg likes) that are really overstable, and skip well.

I was really trying to just add to your problems of excess, I can feel as well.

WAAAAAY too many Speed 7 and 9 discs right now. A stupid amount of overlap but like them all.

My favorite disc I have that i never really have a chance to throw is a factory second Star Teebird that is 135 grams. Flys pretty much like a star TB should. Stable, straight loads of glide and good fade. A utility disc for me to forehand.

Last edited:
Not domey but not flat. Looking at infinite right now, unless I got a couple oddballs all of their Star TBs are similar. I remember checking PLH vs the beat star I was retiring from my bag that took a year of abuse to not be maga-beef and these didn't seem much different. The stars have gotten squirrely in the wind a few times, but could have been too much wind but was probably just me.

The recent MF seem less stable than the older as well. I bought one as back-up to my favorite TB and not at all like what I had. My favorite started super beefy and beat in to straight to fade OS. It may just be more TB3 like I guess but it LOVED a headwind. I could swear that disc flew further in a decent headwind than it did in calm. Lost it and couldn't find another MF to fly like that. The newer ones, larger, fewer flakes, not the same, and definitely less flat. The most recent MF I picked up was at a tournament early spring at I lost it when it turned over into a headwind. That last one was pretty domey though.

I picked up a Luster TB off Ebay and a couple Luster TB3 from infinite recently and I personally can't tell the difference between them. Look/feel/flight. They are right now starting off just like I was hoping/expecting the new stars to fly. I really like the grip/feel of the luster plastic.

Oh, and I guess since i'm rambling all things my Teebirds... the Pro TBs I have ARE pretty domey like just about all the Pro drivers i've tried. (not a huge number though).

I haven't owned any Luster TBs, but I'll have to give them a try. My go-to for beefy Teebirds are domey Star Teebird3s. I picked one up at a Sockibomb even because it looked a little funny. The thing flew like like a Champ Banshee. It's really how I imagine the older MF Teebirds flew. I didn't pick up any of the old MFs but the ones I have look similar to how you're explaining. They fly straight to fade out to 350' and outside of usual wind that would make a teebird a little squirrly they're pretty solid. They fly with a little less glide than my Shimmer Star '19 KJs.

It's a little alarming, if the Stars are being molded up a little less stable. I'd get some to try but I promised myself and my fiancee I wouldn't be getting any more discs. Not like I need any anyways, I think I own about 30-35 Teebirds with at least 20 of them being Star and 6 of them shimmer star. The other ~10 being MF and Champion.

Just am here to say the Teebird might be the best disc ever and lives up to the hype. My top 2 or 3 favorite disc. Between the amount of kinds of plastic it has and how its relatively easy to use, I normally dont buy the hype but I did a year ago.

Just am here to say the Teebird might be the best disc ever and lives up to the hype. My top 2 or 3 favorite disc. Between the amount of kinds of plastic it has and how its relatively easy to use, I normally dont buy the hype but I did a year ago.

Yeah, they got it right. One of the more imitated molds.

I prefer really OS Teebirds. I've got a 168g Glow Champion in my bag right now that is really great for FH's. I've got an older JA Teebird as a backup.

In general what are the beefiest available Teebirds right now? Maybe the MF Barela Teebird3's?

Yeah, they got it right. One of the more imitated molds.

I prefer really OS Teebirds. I've got a 168g Glow Champion in my bag right now that is really great for FH's. I've got an older JA Teebird as a backup.

In general what are the beefiest available Teebirds right now? Maybe the MF Barela Teebird3's?

I don't have any super new beefy teebirds but the older champ brinsters and Jen Allen glows (I have a couple '17s) are considerably more OS than stock star. The mini stamp stock star I have in my bag now is straight stable with a nice fade, not as OS as they were a few years ago when aj's name was on them (maybe they still are? Not sure)

Jolly launchers are probably the beefiest you could pick up in store currently. No experience with t3s

The teebird has been back in my bag for the last 6 months after about 9 years out... I had beat in Z preds to replace them initially then moved on to cyclones or XLs for fairway line shaping. Went through FDs, not carrying speed 6-8 fairways and plenty of other choices. Now a Teebird is the core of my bag again. Berg Wizard Comet Teebird Pred. If one of those isnt right then I will look at the others.

I am carrying a PFN star and a beat 11x. Occasionally adding a fresh star or champ for more stable.

First legit ace in years was a Teebird. Random rant post to say teebirds are still awesome.

After loving a DX Teebird to death this Summer, I picked up two Champions that are flying beautifully. Straight as heck out to 300-330' with solid fade, and no hint of turn either forehand or backhand.

I'm excited to work one of these into flippy and before adding the other in the bag and start my cycle. And the DX bird is staying too - it's straight and glidey but super touchy.

After loving a DX Teebird to death this Summer, I picked up two Champions that are flying beautifully. Straight as heck out to 300-330' with solid fade, and no hint of turn either forehand or backhand.

I'm excited to work one of these into flippy and before adding the other in the bag and start my cycle. And the DX bird is staying too - it's straight and glidey but super touchy.

My champion Teebird is good for 370' or so without turning over. Champions don't really break in. If you want a Teebird to break in, check out G*.

DX Teebirds are awesome. The only issue is that *most* runs of DX have been garbage over the last 10 years.

I just bought a bunch of the DX Teebird3's because of the DX blend. Unfortunately the Tee3 doesn't fly like I want it to. Oh well, maybe one day a batch of regular Teebirds will get run in sexy DX and I can buy a bunch.

My champion Teebird is good for 370' or so without turning over. Champions don't really break in. If you want a Teebird to break in, check out G*.

I was gonna say. Have fun waiting three years lolol

I'm in no hurry, and really like throwing these birds. I've got a Leopard, and Falk that can handle all my turnover shots in the meantime, and an FD and TL3 that are lazer-straight.

I have a few 11x that are good and flippy now. Took a while for some and others are used bin finds. I carry 2 or 3, my stable ones being star, they go a long ways

I have a few 11x that are good and flippy now. Took a while for some and others are used bin finds. I carry 2 or 3, my stable ones being star, they go a long ways

I have an 11x teebird that has the perfect stability, and a pfn star that flips and bombs if thrown properly. Beat teebirds are the best and most used drivers in my bag.

Me as well. Its caused a lot of confusion since I have stopped throwing all but my most overstable 9-10 speed discs...

I lost my beat in G* Teebird today....skipped straight into a pond. It was my favorite disc and I'm looking for a replacement. I can't find anywhere online besides OTB that has flatness of the discs and I don't want a domey one. What should I do?! The AJ teebirds are too dumpy/meat hook-y and I can't find an online retailer that tells the flatness of a disc (besides OTB and they don't have any somewhat flat ones). I've tried Rivals and they just don't have the fade of a teebird to me. Maybe an explorer? or just go with a neutral flatness Teebird?