• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forearm Resources

CincyFrolf

The sticky has a lot of great information for backhand but I don't see much for forehand. Any suggestions on resources to help learn this throw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9WC2NUJC_U

One thing with the Ricky video that might throw you out is where he describes throwing different angles. By trying to control the wrist angle you are trying to control something difficult, by controlling your body angle to do the same shot it's a lot easier as all the fiddly small stuff stays the same. So for hyzer lean over a bit more for Anhyzer stand up straighter. This also works for Backhand int he same way.

Changing the wrist angle to produce the desired effect can certainly work but if you are not concentrating on it all the way through your wrist tends to reset to what it knows so if you're trying to throw a hyzer it will very often turn into a wrist rolled anhyzer as your wrist comes back to it's neutral plane mid throw.

this one helped me after I got the basics down by sidearming putters:

^it really helped me because it shows the timing down in the wrist movement (THE FLICK) + follow through. So once you get the timing down for wrist flick + follow through you can do sidearm upshots easily (up to 150-200ft).

then the video that REALLY helped me with driving, and my preferred footwork (the simple three step where you cock back, flick, and follow through on each step) was the aformentioned Stokely Sidearm Clinic:

^it really breaks down the physics (spin vs backhand/sidearm) elbow, timing, ect into simple steps.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Look forward to checking all these out over the next week or so.

Latest posts