• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehanders...whats your distance driver?

I'm a forehand dominant guy. Go to is a new(ish) Z force. For slightly more turn I use a beat in Z force. (also carry a really beat Z force). For flippy shots I use an ESP Force, and for really flippy I use a pro D force.

Can't stand any of the new super wide rimmed stuff. I never liked the boss or anything that came out after that.

summary: I'm stubborn and use a Force.

For the coveted s-line forehand shot my go-to disc has become the opto Halo and I get a real sweet staighter line with a light Champ Beast.

Trey133 said:
I don't often throw forehands... so when I'm throwing one, you know its because I'm in the shit.
Ditto. Or Sonic upshots. I love throwing the Sonic FH on short upshots.

My buddy is forehand dominate to the point that he'll throw a beat Roc on a rhfh turnover rather than a putter rhbh for a 200ft "hyzer" shot. His main driver is a Star Xcal, Star Destroyer and a Champ Sidewinder. He carries at least two Xcals, one pretty beat for long hyzer flips. The Destroyer is pretty straight with a reliable hyzer finish. The Sidewinder is for long turnovers.

Mark Ellis said:
For maximum distance: Nukes, Nukes and more Nukes. Nothing else comes close in my hands.

Could not agree more. Actualy, the Nuke gets me most distance both BH and FH. It's a distance miracle.

Thats it. After a round at Renny gold with a bunch of people who are able to sidearm... I want it. need it. gotta have that shot in the bag.

I'm going to start with very predictabe sidearm upshots with FB's and then move to the distance stuff when I can get this flutting thing resolved. I am also flicking Rhyno's for very short approaches. Next season, I'll have something going.

i have a fairly wimpy sidearm, so i use a seasoned 1st run esp force. i can flick this disc pretty damn far though. i have used a pulse in the past with pretty good success. and i absolutely love my zone for sidearm upshots.

Trey133 said:
Thats it. After a round at Renny gold with a bunch of people who are able to sidearm... I want it. need it. gotta have that shot in the bag.

I'm going to start with very predictabe sidearm upshots with FB's and then move to the distance stuff when I can get this flutting thing resolved. I am also flicking Rhyno's for very short approaches. Next season, I'll have something going.
Try and focus on releasing with you palm up doing that is what got rid of the flutter in my fh (that and a lot of practice).

money 21 said:
Trey133 said:

Try and focus on releasing with you palm up doing that is what got rid of the flutter in my fh (that and a lot of practice).

Learn to flick your TD's. They work surprisingly well on FH and may not need much initial hyzer under 300' unless they are flippy/beat-in. Also, your PD's should bomb on FH. That would be a good place to start once you get the form stuff worked out.

What holes were they flicking on? The biggest I could see a need for would maybe be 4, 13, 15, and 17.

---

My FH distance driver is my Banshee for now, and my EX's once they arrive. I have yet to find much success in distance with faster discs on forehand, mostly because I have yet to reach 300' on FH. For me, forehand lines never seem to be for distance as much as they are for placement and line-shaping.

When teaching a few players to throw a clean FH I've had the best success at removing flutter by simply making them focus on one thing: Stopping the hand sharply at the end (like in Dave D's video). That has by far been the best single tip from what I've seen.

Many holes you could navigate w/out a sidearm. But it really shined during little punch upshots like

Hole 3, second shot to Golds basket... just shots like that you know? Where the backhand really just doesn't work out, or you need the skip going to the right.

Fightingthetide said:
money 21 said:
Trey133 said:

Learn to flick your TD's. They work surprisingly well on FH and may not need much initial hyzer under 300' unless they are flippy/beat-in. Also, your PD's should bomb on FH. That would be a good place to start once you get the form stuff worked out.

What holes were they flicking on? The biggest I could see a need for would maybe be 4, 13, 15, and 17.

---

My FH distance driver is my Banshee for now, and my EX's once they arrive. I have yet to find much success in distance with faster discs on forehand, mostly because I have yet to reach 300' on FH. For me, forehand lines never seem to be for distance as much as they are for placement and line-shaping.

I like to think I have a fairly well balanced game between forehand and back hand, and I will throw any thing in my bag forehand, but for max D I throw the nuke OS for distance hyzers, and put them out between 400 and 450' that will be flat and dead straight for close to 375'. For all out distance, I throw the Z nuke, I throw them flat and let them do the work they were designed to do for big s shots that finish over 450' on a good throw.

started playing this year for the first time in years, playing all FH drives and playing 18holes about 3-4times a week. I've been working on getting rid of my flutter a lot lately. I could put it out 300' every time accurately in a number of lines but i'd get flutter once the disc would get 100 ft out, flutter for 50ft, then fly fine the rest. the other day i changed my grip from the typical one finger on the rim and one towards the center to the "FH power grip" where your both fingers are next to each other against the rim. Just from changing that, I'm maxing at around 375' instead of 325' and with absolutely no flutter every time. accuracy is down a little, but w/ a little practice it should be back to where it was.

now to get the 100-175ft FH approach down w my mids, i turn it over almost everytime :(

butter said:
started playing this year for the first time in years, playing all FH drives and playing 18holes about 3-4times a week. I've been working on getting rid of my flutter a lot lately. I could put it out 300' every time accurately in a number of lines but i'd get flutter once the disc would get 100 ft out, flutter for 50ft, then fly fine the rest. the other day i changed my grip from the typical one finger on the rim and one towards the center to the "FH power grip" where your both fingers are next to each other against the rim. Just from changing that, I'm maxing at around 375' instead of 325' and with absolutely no flutter every time. accuracy is down a little, but w/ a little practice it should be back to where it was.

now to get the 100-175ft FH approach down w my mids, i turn it over almost everytime :(

yeah its hard to fh approach a mid, no matter what stability, i even turn over hornets, but i cant turn over my zone, its so bizzare, havent tried a drone though

Latest posts