• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form critique please.

MaynardJ4193

Hello dgcr,

A little history. I'm a long time reader of this forum. I have played a long time, but only recently started taking it seriously. For a while I was maxing out around 300ft. I never wanted to make a video, because I knew I would get hit with a storm. I figured I was using all arm or nose up issues.

Recently, I have seen a HUGE improvement in accuracy and distance. I'm throwing 380-400 ft within a 50ft radius target 90% of the time in an open field. I can throw low tunnel shots about 310-340 consistently as well. I am finally getting to the point in which I am losing rounds in minis due to my putting. Starting to work on that a lot now.

I was hoping some of the experts on form here could tell me what I'm doing well and what I'm not doing well. I threw 8 shots in this video. Thanks very much for any advice. Hope the video goes through as I'm doin this on my phone.

Last edited:
I was doing that on purpose to make sure my hips were in front of my shoulders. I will have to work on this. Any suggestion on how to keep your hips in front without leaning back on reach back? Anything else I'm doing poorly?

Also, is there anything I'm doing well so I can make sure it stays the same when reviewing my own videos. Thanks SW22

The main thing is the hips, but also looks a little tight with the arm before the hit and in the backswing. Looseness adds speed. You don't have to lean to lead with the hips. When you lean away from the target you limit your hip turn. It might feel very weird to you keeping more upright or actually trying to lean toward the target in the backswing. You just want the hips to lead the shoulder slightly enough in sequence but still so that they can work together more powerfully. The finish position will help tune your hips into the throw. You should finish balanced/stacked on the front foot and not have your hips pull you around like they do now.

Very good example of balanced throw from a guy who throws over 650'.

Latest posts