• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form help greatly appreciated

Thank you so much for the response SW, you're insight is always worth a ton to me. I'm really going to make an effort to reconstruct my footwork altogether.

Aside from footwork, do you know why specifically my plant foot is popping up? I know footwork plays the biggest role, but I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how it's happening. If there's something with my timing? Maybe I'm taking too wide of a final step. My energy must getting diverted improperly or something. Is this a problem you've seen in the past? Watching my old videos, my plant foot pops up in every one. I definitely want to understand this better and avoid an injury.

Thank you a million times over, as always.
Like LD ^ said, you are not getting set/balanced to land properly on your front leg axis. You lean back on the rear leg and try to drive too late off it after you plant, so when you drive into a planted front foot you either have to spin out or pop up(you) as your spine gets driven over top your front leg instead of rotating on it.

i believe our plant knee needs to mimic that movement in that when our plant leg lands we need to bend our knee more and then once the weight settles to then extend.

That's really great. Watching pro's form I can see this 2nd extension. Thank you so much for your insight, really interesting stuff.

Like LD ^ said, you are not getting set/balanced to land properly on your front leg axis. You lean back on the rear leg and try to drive too late off it after you plant, so when you drive into a planted front foot you either have to spin out or pop up(you) as your spine gets driven over top your front leg instead of rotating on it.

That makes total sense. Thank you for the explanation, it helps me understand more fully the forces at work in all of this. At the end of the day, I just need to be more balanced. Thanks for the feedback and the resources.

Hi,

Haven't posted in this thread in nearly 10 months. I've put quite a lot of work into fixing my form.

I think, from a technical perspective, my throw looks 100x better than in previous videos, but I've not really added much distance.

I'm still stuck on something, and I'm not sure what it is. Any help or advice would mean so much. Thank you for any responses.

https://youtu.be/_e70uvE3Tnw

Hi everyone,

Once again I feel like I've made a lot of progress with the way my form looks, but the distance still isn't there.

There's something off right as my plant foot is coming down. Something with my timing or the way my hips are activating.

You'll notice this in the video. You can tell the energy is being distributed improperly. Sometimes, my heel will even slightly pop up.

I've tried so many things: Adjusting my stride length/distance forward with my plant foot/trying to delay my extension

But there's something fundamentally wrong and whatever bad habit it is, I can't seem to shake it.

I'd love any help anyone could provide. Thank you so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG5bnfXQJ_k

Latest posts