• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Ideas For Next Year

cfischy06

I'm a longtime forum lurker looking for criticism to help me plan and improve for next year. Last year was my first year back after a 4 year break from playing. I have probably played about 5 years total starting in high school. I have never looked at video of my throw before or had anyone try to give me advice but I used to read discgolfreview a lot when I was learning.

I would really appreciate any feedback on my form/habits. I was already surprised to see how low I reached on the last two throws trying to throw hyzer release for distance. First two throws are with a Buzzz and last two are with a Katana and a D4. I already plan to really work on my flexibility and lose some weight this winter as I felt out of shape compared to years past this whole year. Thanks in advance.

Not all that bad. Second throw looks the best of them. In general your x-step is very long and forcing you off balance/posture and having to throw your upper body forward instead of staying more upright with more and quicker rotation. You can turn/load into your core/rear hip more taking a smaller x-step, turning the rear foot more forward while turning your front side further back into it.

Not sure why its not playing. I'm not really an expert on embedding videos.

Thanks sidewinder. I've seen the posture video before but not all of it connected apparently. I really get off balance on the last two drives. I'll work on shortening my X-step. When you mention rear foot more forward you are referring to my left foot while reaching back? Looks like I'm twisting my whole body instead of twisting about my hips when I am reaching back?

Yep. Pause the Posture vid at the beginning when GG is airborne and landing the rear foot, he is perfectly upright balanced and stacked. If you pause when you are airborne and landing the rear foot you are leaning way back over your rear leg.