• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
I can throw the groove pretty accurately 300'-350' forehand. Can't throw it at all back hand though. I'm fairly sure it's because I suck and not the disc, since I started working on backhand like a month ago.

The GROOVE - the beautiful/ugly Seinfeld girl?

I have sweet looking Groove that is fantastic for one thing...long, reliable spike hyzer drives. (e.g. onto island holes) It's like the ugly girl that's always available for a date on a Friday night.

I have't even attempted to drive regularily with it in months, because it just won't play nice. So, I'm at the field the other night and I look at the Groove and think "what the hell...let's give her a chance, and let her out to play with the rest of the girls."

Without any thought I give it a nice little RHBH throw and it SAILS beautifully on a tight Wraith-like "s" out to my 410ft mark. "Holy smokes!!!" I think to myself, "I like that."

So I try it again. And again. And again. 10 more throws in fact. And guess what? They're all hooky ****e.

What the hell is up with this disc?!?!?!? This disc is like the chick from Seinfeld...Gwen. Gwen, looks either ugly or beautiful depending on what type of light she is in.

I've decided that I'm not even going to write my name on the disc. I'm just going to write "GWEN" on the back and see what happens if I ever lose it. Odds are someone will find it, and it will be their favorite disc.

Oh Groove, what did I do to piss you off?

whatever to all the haters of the groove... i love mine and as a matter of fact i almost aced with it twice tonight... very good for my straight at it with a slight fade right and a skip if i need it... gotten to the point where i can hyzer-flip the SOB too... just another wonderful tool in my bag, and BTW way more forgiving then the monarch which has the same kinda grooved wing...

but hey, you all hate on the assassin too... whateva

if you trade it don't use the flash cuz GWEN is ugly in the light....yeah i think the key is slow and smooth release. if you are just a touch off........anny roller or worse. it is extrememly sensitive.....are you just learning aobut this.....cuz...................HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They are the number one seller at one of the PIAS in town. Not the fault of the guy selling them either, he just cannot talk some new players away from it.

It has gotten to a point where we find them all the time with no name on them, and just let them be for someone else to find (and meathook and lose).

The reason you are having trouble is that you need to be able to have a strong arm to throw this disc.

It needs a high release speed to be thrown right. If it fails to reach this speed it will be a meat hook for you. It's pretty much the same thing with all the fast drivers on the market but the groove needs speed from the start.

I think I have a couple of those piles 'o' poop if anyone is interested in trading me something for them.

I have sweet looking Groove that is fantastic for one thing...long, reliable spike hyzer drives. (e.g. onto island holes) It's like the ugly girl that's always available for a date on a Friday night.

I have't even attempted to drive regularily with it in months, because it just won't play nice. So, I'm at the field the other night and I look at the Groove and think "what the hell...let's give her a chance, and let her out to play with the rest of the girls."

Without any thought I give it a nice little RHBH throw and it SAILS beautifully on a tight Wraith-like "s" out to my 410ft mark. "Holy smokes!!!" I think to myself, "I like that."

So I try it again. And again. And again. 10 more throws in fact. And guess what? They're all hooky ****e.

What the hell is up with this disc?!?!?!? This disc is like the chick from Seinfeld...Gwen. Gwen, looks either ugly or beautiful depending on what type of light she is in.

I've decided that I'm not even going to write my name on the disc. I'm just going to write "GWEN" on the back and see what happens if I ever lose it. Odds are someone will find it, and it will be their favorite disc.

Oh Groove, what did I do to piss you off?

The Groove is a squirrely POS. Or as someone else eloquently said, Every Groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

536117609_cdd2612d9b.jpg

Gotta feel the Groove!
Gotta dance!

Shake that ass!
Throwin' da Groove!

Ba-dum-dum- ba dum dum
Cha!

The reason you are having trouble is that you need to be able to have a strong arm to throw this disc.

It needs a high release speed to be thrown right. If it fails to reach this speed it will be a meat hook for you. It's pretty much the same thing with all the fast drivers on the market but the groove needs speed from the start.

This. I have a couple of Grooves and they fly quite nicely when I chuck them hard. My friend bought a Groove and it meat hooks on him every time. Needless to say, I don't think he has enough velocity to throw it properly.

What is so bad about the groove?

Well, I know that everybody here seems to have a hatred for the groove, but i'm not really sure why. I don't own one, but according to innova's flight ratings it is very fast (which means not many people would be able to throw it correctly), and has lots of glide. I tried out one that a freind owns and it flew pretty straight, but the weird rim groove felt pretty weird. So why does everybody hate it so much?

I got one because Innova's chart said it was like a faster Beast. Not only am I not a huge fan of wide grips, but the Groove was just too weird. It's flight characteristics were nothing like I was expecting and I simply found other discs that do the same thing and feel much, much better in my hand.

So, the grip sucks was my conclusion.