• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
A. The Groove is common and often bought by noobs because it has 'big' numbers (Speed 13 - Glide 6); in reality, it is one of the most horrible choices for a noob to buy. (The result often being that Grooves are commonly found in the woods, in trees, in water, etc. etc.)

-AND-

B. DGCR people are easily 'offended' by noobs and are known to generally dislike them.

-THEREFORE-

C. DGCR people are easily 'offended' by the Groove and are known to generally dislike it.

I borrowed a friend's C Groove for a round last summer:
As the disc tore from my fingers during my snap, my fingers felt as if they were losing and regaining contact across the groove on the bottom. As a result it seemed like control was being lost and then trying to reestablish, accounting for erratic disc behavior. This also makes sense why some like it for FHs, as your underdisc fingers don't slide across the groove during FH release.
I don't own one.

I don't hate the groove, but I haven't thrown one since my first week of playing the game. I used to play with a friend who played only with a groove.. putted with it and all. Had something like 5 aces on the same disc at one point.

If you get a good one, in is more or less a Wraith. If you get a bad one, it will be so flippy as to be unthrowable or so stable that you can't throw it on anything but a spike hyzer. Why would anyone not just buy a Wraith? You would have to ask someone else.

If you are weak and small a groove will not help your puny drives, better to just quit and guard the picnic tables.

I'd challenge your logic pretty hard then. I'm 5'6" and 120lbs ... I forehand the Groove 375' no problem. It only gets used in certain situations, maybe once a round. But I consider myself to have a noodle arm when I can only normally hit 350' with RHBH.

i hated mine so freaking much. It was really uncomfortable in my hand. I gave it to a friend that throws FH and he loves the thing.

i find playing with an epic to be more fun than playing with a groove. as long as we're talking speed 13 discs...

The Groove Seems to be Hated, Why is This?

After a heavy rain that filled the creek that runs through my local course I went wading through it to see if I could find any lost discs. I found a 170g Champion Groove, and put it in my bag and I never got around to throwing it.

I look on here and it seems like I should just leave it be, why is this? Why all the hate?

It tends to be very touchy and inconsistent. When it flies right, it can be very nice, but it's hard to get the right flight.

PRERUBE!!! Anyway, I had a short love affair with a pink/orange groove. It flew like my boss but with more glide and a bit further for my undeveloped form. Then I lost it and got another one (same color, weight, everything). The new one was completely different and flew more like a speed 13 firebird 60% of the time, and turned and burned when thrown up to speed the other 40% of the time. Point is, every Groove is different. The old saying round these parts is that each groove is like an individual snowflake of suck. I believe that's how it goes anyway.

You rang?
It is a gimmicky disc that failed. Take 3 grooves and they will all fly differently. If is hard to get $5 for a Champion Groove on this site.