• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From The Archives: Drive Comparison

mafa

Here's a compilation of mostly unpublished slow motion footage from last summer. This time I decided to have pairs of drives side by side so you can try pick up the similarities and differences between some of the top arms. Each pair is first shown real-time then 2.5x, 5x and 10x slowed down. This should help seeing the both the rhytm/timing and body positions through their swinging motions. Credits to JR for providing Linus and Jesper clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQzVIX4cVs

Enjoy!

Matti

Jesper's form always looked weird to me. It looks like he's dragging the disc, but he still bombs it.

i was dinking around last fall with sweden form, trying to use the low pull, and 100% shoulder drop and omg! the disc feels sooooooooo heavy and you eject it and its like killer! its crazy how much power you feel at the hit.

It's amazing when you see it that slow. Check out how far into the right pec area guys like Markus and Jesper get the disc vs Avery & Feldberg. Jesper is similar to Markus in that they don't get really over the top of the disc - almost weight back, but Avery & Feldberg get over the disc, but the disc is coming away from them (the elbow stopping) at their left pec area.

Interesting.