• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fun Suck

black udder said:
A friend of mine once said that if he's having a bad game, he looks at it as an opportunity to see how much of the game he can save. Thus, it's an opportunity to pressure himself into playing better when things aren't going right....I don't want to come off the course not having had some fun.
Good idea.

You know, an even better philosophy, perhaps, is just taking things "one hole at a time." OK, I know that sounds cheesy and touchy-feely gag-me-with-a-bowie-knife and all, but if you think about it, it makes sense. After all, the "hole" itself exists at a much more basic level of reality. The "round" is a bunch of "holes" strung together in some fashion. One should focus upon achieving excellence at each hole alone, as a starting point. Only when you're really having a bunch of good individual holes can you get to the point where you can achieve a great round.

Great holes->Great rounds.

every time i think about rooting my bag i remember how much it cost and refrain :lol: ........my squirrel monkey may have seen a boot once or twice during casual rounds though :oops:

discspeed said:
When I see people acting ridiculous like kicking bags, throwing fits, etc. I start to crack up. I don't know why, but I usually try to hide or stifle my laughter. I should just laugh out loud at the foolishness.
i do.. i lol at people having a psychotic break like that, on principle. helps the bad vibes not spread to my zone, man. really, there are few reactions to that type of behavior that don't escalate the situation, basically aggravating everyone near an aggravated person. yeah, the psycho usually wants to know what's so funny, and you tell them they're being ridiculous. somehow, that statement coming from someone laughing their ass off has a better impact than someone who has absorbed and reflected their negativity.

so... silly behavior, recognize it quick, laugh at it for what it is.

it's like 10% "kill them with kindness" and 90% recognition of predatory negative energy. don't be a reptile!

EDIT: "predatory negative energy" and "fun-suck" ... there's a heady divide between these synonyms ... food for thought

I am just relieved that this thread is not in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

discspeed said:
When I see people acting ridiculous like kicking bags, throwing fits, etc. I start to crack up. I don't know why, but I usually try to hide or stifle my laughter. I should just laugh out loud at the foolishness.

I generally feel this way as well, I don't generally get too angry at my performance, cause I generally suck anyway. So, I'm pretty use to it. Because, in all actuality, most of the time, it's your own fault from the start. Generally if I get upset, it's because my putting has gone to hell in a hand basket. Which usually stems from me not practicing, or warming up before a round. So, can't be mad really. When others get mad, I kind of feel bad for having great drives or such. But, meh. Can't help it. It generally goes both ways, so I can't bitch either way.

Find a go to cope move that doesn't make you look too stupid, after doing it, forget about what just happened. Most pro athletes have one or two, some of them are kind of funny.

Latest posts