• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Fusion or Lucid

Squirrilah Fish

Birdie Member
So I'm loving Dynamic Discs, and I'm really thinking of ordering the whole line.

I have Lucids, and I love them, I noticed Fusion is more expensive.

So what's the dif. What's better? Is it a star/champion type deal?

So I'm loving Dynamic Discs, and I'm really thinking of ordering the whole line.

Yes it's just like star vs champion. But in swedish plastic. I would highly recommend trying both plastics and a couple of different molds before buying the whole line.

Looks like someone has an early onset case of TeamTrilogitis.

Drivers, I always prefer fuzion... And midrange I go lucid and always love my hybrid truths. I just think the grips and stabilities in these ranges fit perfectly.

Bio Fusion is the recycled fusion plastic= Echostar

I know this has been explained elsewhere, but I'm having a little trouble finding it; especially relating to the Truth.

What's the stability differences in Trilogy plastic? I recently got two Lucid Truths, and absolutely fell in love. However, they turn much more than their numbers suggest. Which plastic will have more of the 0-turn I'm looking for?

I also have a Fuzion Trespass, and the plastic feels awesome. Thanks!

I know this has been explained elsewhere, but I'm having a little trouble finding it; especially relating to the Truth.

What's the stability differences in Trilogy plastic? I recently got two Lucid Truths, and absolutely fell in love. However, they turn much more than their numbers suggest. Which plastic will have more of the 0-turn I'm looking for?

I also have a Fuzion Trespass, and the plastic feels awesome. Thanks!

I, too, have found this to be the case...

Not sure how global the feeling is, but with my Truth and Trespass the Fuzion ones are more stable than Lucid.

So, I've seen different takes on this.

Some say, Lucid is more stable than Fuzion. Dynamic Discs state that Fuzion is more stable than Lucid. Then there are the other plastics, Biofuzion and Hybrid. (Assuming Moonshine is always more-stable, per mold.)

Is there a place that someone has tested these theories? Where's our resident DD Guru?

HYBRID = Fuzion & Lucid mix. It's the best...

Is that the bio fusion?

No, it's a special blend, between lucid and fuzion. Usually semi-opaque. Really nice plastic.

From the DD website...

About Hybrid:
Hybrid is incredibly similar to Lucid plastic with some additional coloring added to give it a milky look. It is durable enough to take a beating and maintain the original flight characteristics of the disc for many rounds of disc golf.

BioFuzion plastic is the by-product from a mixture of Lucid and Fuzion plastics that had blemishes or cosmetic flaws. Some of these discs may have specks of plastic, flakes, or other minor cosmetic flaws that will not affect the flight, performance, or durability of the disc.

Depends on the mold, I would say
Fuzion Escape is more stable than Lucid Escape
Lucid Witness was more stable than a Fuzion Witness for me though *shrugs* Haven't tried a lucid truth yet, but I do throw a 179g Fuzion Truth that is pretty beat up. If I throw 80% power flat, it turns, fades and lands straight in front of me. Thrown with very slight hyzer, it flies straight then fades. I throw 300' avg with my fairways as a reference
(these are not facts, just in my experience)