• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gangs Taking Over Your Local Course

I played a new course in Colorado City, Tx a few months ago. While playing, I noticed some ducks in the creek. Nothing special, just a bunch of white ducks. As we got closer to them, I noticed one of the ducks had the feathers on his head all puffed up afro-style. That was wierd.

I know of the gang of quackers that I assume are still down there at Winthrop Lakefront on hole 17. Actually I think it is a harem of duck "hoes" led by their infamous red-headed pimp, daddy duck that was named after Satan himself. He attacked me on hole 17's tee-pad, frontin' on me with the "head-bobbin'" and "eye buggin'" as well as hissin' at me when I got to close to his females. I bribed my way out of it with a few snack-crackers and was on my way.

that duck is notorious...he's one crazy bird...:)

holy christ wrapped up in a crape!

post pictures man!

weve got to know the enemy...study their movements!!!:|

He's real I tell ya! I had a pic on my old cell phone but I lost it. Picture a crazy cracked-out Donald Duck wearing a red bandana (I think he is claimin' BLOOD or PIRU) while bobbin' his head while hissing and cursing at you.

I found a pic of his cousin:

ebay%20Muscovy%20Drake.JPG

I think he's got some kind of face herpes....:gross:

LOL I saw this thread and thought it was about Frontier Park. Should've known better.

/Last time I was there I thought I was going to get robbed of my discs. There was like 20 dudes playing racquetball and "having a smoke"

I've heard the rumors about the Alligator that has claimed our course as his hood. I've yet to see him, of course it's winter time, but when I do, there will be pics.

About the meanest animals we have on our course are some voles that make visible snow trails under the baskets...I'm pretty sure they're staking out their territory of the hood, but I don't stick around to find out: that's a good way of being shived and left for dead.

I tried chasing geese away before, and they ended up chasing me away! Nasty birds and they leave their crap all over the place.

LMAO at this entire thread. There's terrible Canada Geese problems at Jack Mattox Rec Complex. There's goose droppings on every hole except the last three, and they're usually in a gang on one of the holes. At first I wouldn't throw, but now I could care less. I'm still afraid I'm gonna break a neck or something, but anything to end gang violence.

I laughed my ass off the day it snowed here. The Canadian geese were running around going crazy like they had no clue what to do.

Ha! That's what you get for moving down south and forgetting your heritage suckas!

They're giving up hockey and taking up disc golf. It's cool, we'll beat them at that too.

I have had a Canadian goose charge at me once cause I walked between him and a body of water.

We don't any animal problems at our course though...probably because of the nearby resident Red Tail Hawk and the Peregrine Falcon family that lives in the UT bell tower less than a mile away.

If you want to show em whose boss try throwing firecrackers at them. That'll keep em away for a few hours.

This past Sunday at Redneck in PA I saw about 100 of these. What's up with that? It was about 40 degrees, partly sunny, but there was still 18" of snow on the ground. They all just seemed to be randomly walking around. And they were all playing solo. No two of them were close together at all. I guess that they hadn't gotten organized yet, fortunately for me.

picture.php

is there open water near where the insects were? Could have been a hatch...they look a bit like stonefly larvae possibly...although I can't really tell.

Awesome post about the creepy duck creature that resides at Winthrop Lakefront. I actually mentioned him in my review of the course. That was over 2 years ago! Glad to know he is still going strong. There is a small outdoors store in Rock Hill that sells discs. We stopped in before and after our round at Winthrop. They actually have a name for the creature...and for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is. However, the owner of that store said that nearly every pro golfer has a story about that red-headed duck.

It hisses when it breathes like it has asthma...very creepy...

is there open water near where the insects were? Could have been a hatch...they look a bit like stonefly larvae possibly...although I can't really tell.

Whatever it is, kill them before they breed and eat you alive come spring/summer. :doh:

The course is in the flood plain of a stream... not a big river or anything. There's also a drainage area that seemed to stay wet most of the Summer running down one side of the course.

I've seen Satan at Winthrop, nasty little bugger indeed. Everything that's been said is true. The day I played there, he was guarding a bench that had some McDonald's trash under it. I can only assume he murdered the person eating their Mickey D's, threw his body into the lake and pigged out on Big Macs.

We had a hawk at North Asheboro that would dive bomb your arse on hole 4. There are few things scarier than a hawk heading right at your face.