• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

Sounds like Assassins and Diablos could probably cover a lot of shots.

If you're interested in the Assassin mold, find yourself a Diamond Assassin. They are fantastic. The one mold and name that I wish Gateway could bring back was the original Inferno mold. My God that was a great glidey disc.

Was throwing a Sabre some more this past weekend, I'd be interested to hear thoughts on a slightly wider, but less deep Sabre. It would probably start to overlap though with the new Diablo mold.

I picked up an evo platinum Assassin. It's a little heavy for me at a little over 175. Compared to what I currently carry the Assassin is closest to a fresh star Orc. I'll have to pick one up around 170.

Those original infernos were very long for me back then. The shape was perfect in the plastic but as you know the durability sucked.

Got an old evo warrior off my buddy, i think it used to be nikko's. But it flies really nice! Super flat and slightly overstable. The weird thing is its marked 182? Are warriors that large of diameter? Also its super fingerprinty and grippy. Are there any new evo ones coming out? How over stable are these supposed to be? It was an awesome flick upshot disc from 250 even in the 25 mph winds

Warriors are in the Roc area of stability, they usually get a little high speed turn before losing most of their fade. And they are a larger diameter 21.8ish.

Got an old evo warrior off my buddy, i think it used to be nikko's. But it flies really nice! Super flat and slightly overstable. The weird thing is its marked 182? Are warriors that large of diameter? Also its super fingerprinty and grippy. Are there any new evo ones coming out? How over stable are these supposed to be? It was an awesome flick upshot disc from 250 even in the 25 mph winds

Gateway re submitted a few of their molds, warrior being one of them. It is legal to 182 now.

Does the plastic look like what Innova fans would refer to as "champy star"? I have a red Element in a fingerprinty blend like that can barely just see through when held to light and has some flex but durable, it's an x-out and probably one of my most coveted discs.

Does the plastic look like what Innova fans would refer to as "champy star"? I have a red Element in a fingerprinty blend like that can barely just see through when held to light and has some flex but durable, it's an x-out and probably one of my most coveted discs.

Looks like glow champion plastic but doesnt glow. It feels kind of like champy star but a bit stiffer. Idk but it is really nice

Warriors are amazing, and that blend of Evo you have is awesome. I have a few like how you're describing and a couple similar but not fingerprint-y. If you need more you should just email/call Gateway and they can get a few more with that feel sent your way!

Warriors are amazing, and that blend of Evo you have is awesome. I have a few like how you're describing and a couple similar but not fingerprint-y. If you need more you should just email/call Gateway and they can get a few more with that feel sent your way!

I'm digging my sgs warrirors. Getting beat up kinda quick, but still very OS.

Scout is Warrior top with beadless bottom, that's all I know.

They are straight to mild fade when new in S, and lose fade and get a touch of turn as they break in. Evo Scouts are probably like a Karma, never thrown one. They have more fade but not quite Warrior strong. That little notch on top makes them hold their stability as long as any Warrior I've thrown.

Oh yeah, that's ringing a bell. I love Gateway but sometimes it's hard to keep all their stuff straight.

Somewhere, someone talked about the element X. But searching from the phone is tedious. Thinking about it more, I believe their four mids are two tops and two bottoms.

Notch top & bead - warrior
Notch top & beadless - scout
Angle top & bead - karma
Angle top & beadless - element

Good chance I'm way off too. Maybe Allen or JCass can clear it up.

Latest posts