• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Element-X is back

notroman

* Ace Member *
Got to throw the new Karma mid-range from Gateway this weekend. It's the Element-X. Back with a new name. Those of you that were in love with that disc, Karma is what you want now. Don't want to turn this into a trash talk thread about how Gateway changes disc names and molds, so please keep that out of here. This is more of an information thread.

hmmm. I tried the warrior once, and it was nice. How is the consistency of their mids? are they like the putters? Just wondering i would like to grab this but don't want to get into a wizard race to find the ones that i like. Never threw the element x. how does the karma stack up to say a roc or buzz. I'm taking a liking to the little guys lately, a common theme for me lately.

hmmm. I tried the warrior once, and it was nice. How is the consistency of their mids? are they like the putters? Just wondering i would like to grab this but don't want to get into a wizard race to find the ones that i like. Never threw the element x. how does the karma stack up to say a roc or buzzz.

A bit more stable than both. It's kind of between a Buzzz and a Warrior in stability, leaning more towards the Warrior. Handles power very well and has a predictable finish every time.

They run their mids and drivers in S or Evolution plastic, so there is more consistency across the discs than with their putters, but as with any manufacturer the plastic blend may differ from run to run. Just like some Innova DX runs are softer than others, some Gateway S runs are softer than others as well. Same goes with the Evolution plastic, although I find Evolution to be a bit more consistent.

thanks. i had some great wizards in my day, but i could never find the right one. if i know now what i knew then id have bought a stack. Then the anode came along. I am on a mid crazy spree, trying to nail my mids down so trying a bunch of stuff. I may have to add that to the list.

The ELX was probably my favorite midrange in their baseline plastic. I had a pile of stiffer S lines that beat in very nicely. Did they mention a reason they decided to bring that mold around again? Did they feel that people didn't like the Warrior?

For 280'-320' the Karma is dead on for me sidearm. Way more predicable for me than the Scout. I don't understand how they got so much glide into a disc that is stable. It penetrates forward even as it is turning.

The ELX was probably my favorite midrange in their baseline plastic. I had a pile of stiffer S lines that beat in very nicely. Did they mention a reason they decided to bring that mold around again? Did they feel that people didn't like the Warrior?

I did not ask why, but I did confirm that it was the ELX. They are still making the Warrior, I think it's a popular slightly overstable mid for people with bigger arms.

The EX was a good disc, but there was a problem with the name. It was supposed to be a play off the Innova L and X molds, but it ended up confusing people. Some people thought it was an Element X-out. Other people thought it was the same disc as the Element. I know some stores would not stock it because of a general confusion over what it was. This to me is a good compromise. If you liked the EX you can quit complaining that you want it back in production and the new name ends all the X-out confusion the old name had. Win-win.

The Karma is supposed to bridge the small gap between the Scout (new mold) and Warrior in stability, and supposed to be a touch faster and more glide than the Scout. I have both Karma and Mystic prototypes, but I don't like any Gateway mid half as much as my Elements, specifically in the E HPP plastic.

Unless I am carefull about getting enough spin on the Element; it will turn and burn, sidearm. But the Karma is effortless to control sidearm, just crank and go. But backhand; the Element is better for me also, and the Mystic is a hyser-flip butter machine.

I don't like any Gateway mid half as much as my Elements, specifically in the E HPP plastic.

Me too. I'd buy any disc that feels the same as my HPP Element. It is the only thing I've found that actually feels better than SkyQuest's plastic. I would love for Gateway to have another crazy sale like they did at Christams.

The Karma is supposed to bridge the small gap between the Scout (new mold) and Warrior in stability, and supposed to be a touch faster and more glide than the Scout. I have both Karma and Mystic prototypes, but I don't like any Gateway mid half as much as my Elements, specifically in the E HPP plastic.

So there's been 3 toolings of the Elements. I used to throw these soft hunter orange ones in E plastic from the 2nd run that I hoarded; I probably had about 10 of those guys. They were the best hyzer flip disc I had thrown at the time (this was probably back in '06 and '07; I switch back to Rocs in '08 at the Ice Bowl). If by some random chance you can get your hands on some, try to. The other good ones were this black E ones that were like old skool stiff dx.

I have a gatway element x in my trade thread for a long time now. My buddy replaced it with an flx buzzz. It flies very well. he was always throing past the holes with ease. It would hold the line and just keep going. If anyone is interested in that disc let me know and we can work out a good deal.

i loved my karma until i lost it and i thought about paring it with my rocs. i think the karma is like a pain but more versatile and its in base plastic so you can cycle them. I could crank on my karma and it wouldnt flip. Also after one huge tree hit in Florida (i'm talking like a chunk of plastic was taken out) i could throw and have it hold lines well for me everything from hyzer spikes to big annys. it is just a great disc

Me too. I'd buy any disc that feels the same as my HPP Element. It is the only thing I've found that actually feels better than SkyQuest's plastic. I would love for Gateway to have another crazy sale like they did at Christams.

I have two royal blue Elements in E HPP, and got both in a 10 for $70 deal through Gateway directly. You can also do 5 discs for 40, delivered to your house. These are not x-outs. Pick your desired discs, weights, and colors, and although some may vary slightly by color or a gram or two +/- when you get them, you'll receive a wonderful package of shiny new saucers for 7-8 bones per disc, and they often throw in a Samurai proto or one of the new mids as a bonus. You just have to send PayPal payment straight to Dave. :thmbup:

I have a friend that switched from a roc to the karma. They fly really straight just the plastic is very soft so do hit anything with them.

So there's been 3 toolings of the Elements. I used to throw these soft hunter orange ones in E plastic from the 2nd run that I hoarded; I probably had about 10 of those guys. They were the best hyzer flip disc I had thrown at the time (this was probably back in '06 and '07; I switch back to Rocs in '08 at the Ice Bowl). If by some random chance you can get your hands on some, try to. The other good ones were this black E ones that were like old skool stiff dx.

Sounds awesome. I will begin my next hunt....

Can anyone here post a profile shot of an Element and Element-X next to each other? Never held the Element-X, but I think I got one by mistake since it looks like my Karma proto.

Latest posts