• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway mini backpack

it looks right and it seems like it will work right for me. looks like putters could go in the front pocket. i just want an affordable backpack style bag that doesnt have a bunch of silly drama and upcoming redesigns in the near future.

Yeah . I wonder if it will be under 100

Probably, I think their regular backpack retails for $90 maybe? I got a good deal on mine at the shop before the STL open last year and got it for $60 (probably because I bought some other stuff too)

If the materials are the same as the big backpack, it will probably be the one of the most durable bags for the money on the market.

what is the frame made out of? I've never seen a clear picture of it.
The one I have from 2005 isn't super impressive, but I haven't had any problems with it. I don't use any dividers, though, just the ends. I haven't examined it closely since I put it together, but IIRC it's just some black PVC type pipes connecting some sort of corrugated plastic dividers.

With the regular backpack there's a putter pocket inside on the back wall that holds one disc and you can easily get two or three putters in the front pocket once the material loosens up a bit. I'm not sure how well it would zip up with three putters in there, though.

That thing looks cheap and poorly fitting but for some reason I'm oddly drawn to it. How much?

I emailed them too asking what the color options were along with pricing. Looks like a sweet bag to me. Nothing over the top that is weighed down with as many bells and whistles as they can fit on there. I like how they keep their products along with their other business practices sweet and simple.

looks like a jansport with side pockets and cup holders..... i like it! i kinda of "ripped off" gateways whole design and made a bag like that from jansport with folded in front looks very similar and just as good for me very minimal

looks like a jansport with side pockets and cup holders..... i like it! i kinda of "ripped off" gateways whole design and made a bag like that from jansport with folded in front looks very similar and just as good for me very minimal

I can guarantee you though that your jansport won't last as long as gateway's backpack...the materials gateway uses are super durable. But yes, the design is fairly basic. It's a utilitarian bag, but very very durable.

I got an email back from Dave. Shippped, the bag comes to $99. I was hoping for a lower price, and it only comes in the yellow/black color configuration (which I actually do not mind).

I can guarantee you though that your jansport won't last as long as gateway's backpack...the materials gateway uses are super durable. But yes, the design is fairly basic. It's a utilitarian bag, but very very durable.

Yeah I deffenitly know that that's why I plasti dipped the bottom and did some extra stuff to make it tougher

I got an email back from Dave. Shippped, the bag comes to $99. I was hoping for a lower price, and it only comes in the yellow/black color configuration (which I actually do not mind).

99 bucks isn't bad at all..

And I happen to like the yellow/black color as well.

$100 for that is down right outrageous.

It's still far and away the cheapest backpack style bag on the market. What more do you want from them? Cheap(er), durable, holds discs and other assorted stuff.

I mean seriously, if you can justify $300 for a mahal or $200+ for a grip, you can't justify $100 for this? Next cheapest backpack bag is $160 IIRC.

100 for a backpack style bag is the cheapest on the market right now.. And some people don't really have the money for expensive bags.. I'm a casual player and it doesn't justify spending 100+ on a bag