• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Voodoo

So I just ordered two 173 Orange SSS Voodoos. I know I just switched to the Reef, but something about it is off putting. And I've never used a Gateway putter. At least the Reef got me over my dislike for shoulders on putters.

I'm hoping it'll fly similar to an Omega or Magnet, since it's also a small bead (I know the Magnet has no bead, but it feels like a small bead) I just wanted plastic between Pro D Soft/Supersoft and Pro D/AP. My dad has a SSS Magic that feels just about perfect, although it's somewhat beat up.

Anyway, I'm excited.

It's been a few years since I've thrown a Voodoo, but the one I threw was almost as overstable as my beloved Wizards. Straight with fade. Definitely not the Omegnet you're wanting . The Magic will be probably be closer. That's not to say the Voodoo isn't worth a look though.

Well, I read one review that compared the flight to a Rhyno, on Infinite Discs. It was Andy :p But most other people were convinced it was just really straight. So, we'll see. If it is OS, well, I'll have an Omeganet someday when it beats into perfect velvety buttery amazingness. I'm sure I'll think of more adjectives later.

In the meantime I'll have an Omeganet X :p

I'm just hoping the two I got match. It was the only weight/color combo that had two...

Oh, and they'll be choicey too.

The voodoo is a MICRO mini bead, almost like bad flashing in an extremely good way... Make sense?

Voodoo, great disc and so many plastics to choose from. If you can get the Organic that plastics recycled greatness in the shape of a putter.

In the last couple months I have changed to Voodoos for inside 30ft. I like the micro bead it has vs the Wizards large bead. I am getting a cleaner release with the smaller bead. Not to say that I wont go back to Wizards, but the Voodoo has replaced them for now.

They're here :D

They're pretty much clones of each other, except for the stamp color. I'm glad that's different, or else I wouldn't be able to tell them apart :p They're pretty much exactly the stiffness/grippiness I wanted too. I'm not sure why people say the small bead isn't noticable, it's definitely there. The completely rounded profile may take some getting used to over the Aviar-type shape, but I think I'm going to like them. Now to throw them:p

Attachments

• 0710141453.jpg
    0710141453.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 50
I'm liking the Voodoos. I've been putting well with them. Not too much glide, not too little glide, not too over stable, not too understable. Just right. I have noticed them sticking to my fingers a bit on drives because of how grippy they are, but I'll just have to get used to that. Or I could get a less grippy one. I imagine just about anything would be less grippy than these (maybe not an RFF)

But here's my question. Which has almost nothing to do with what I just said in that last paragraph. Why does the Glow cost more than the Evo HPP?

I'm liking the Voodoos. I've been putting well with them. Not too much glide, not too little glide, not too over stable, not too understable. Just right. I have noticed them sticking to my fingers a bit on drives because of how grippy they are, but I'll just have to get used to that. Or I could get a less grippy one. I imagine just about anything would be less grippy than these (maybe not an RFF)

But here's my question. Which has almost nothing to do with what I just said in that last paragraph. Why does the Glow cost more than the Evo HPP?

How stable or under are these compared to your old magnets you threw? I have a black soft voodoo wall hanger I'll never throw but like the feel and chalkiness and considering buying better colors

I have to say, they're pretty similar in flight. Maybe a bit less glide. But I haven't driven with them much. I've only played one round with them so far, and the only hole I putter drove with one on I nailed an early tree. But they seem to be really straight. Small fade.

I'm terrified to throw SSS discs off the tee. I feel like they will be destroyed after one tree hit.

I thought it would be all screwed up after that hit, but there was just a little scuff. I feel like they take hits better than other base plastics, even with the squishiness.

As far as the Voodoo being a straight flyer, they're VERY straight...under power or on shorter approach. Very neutral disc, good in the wind too because of the rounded blunt nose and small bead. And excellent for putting, great feel in SS or SSS. I really like the Voodoo, it's better than the Wizard, IMO.

Gateway base 'S' plastic is superior in feel and durability to any DX or Pro D.

Anyone throw an Evo Voodoo for drives? I have a couple SSS that feel great, but I'd like something a little sturdier for driving but it's hard to find grippy S or SS without feeling them in person.

Anyone throw an Evo Voodoo for drives? I have a couple SSS that feel great, but I'd like something a little sturdier for driving but it's hard to find grippy S or SS without feeling them in person.

I do. Love the feel of the EVO plastic much more than SSS. You won't be disappointed.

I throw an evo as well. just switched back to the voodoos after trying just about everything else... putts are now going in from all over the place for me.

the evos are perfectly stable for straight shots. I can power grip mine and rip it without worrying about it flipping over. just dead straight. however, my evo has a bit of dome to it that my SS voodoos do not.

I putted with them for a while till my favorite SSS got so lumpy and flippy it was hard to putt with. I really liked them for shorter upshots and putts but never threw them well off the tee.

Two sss voodoos have replaced my medium and soft soles in my bag. I would like to try the warlock and/or magic but haven't yet. Don't like the bead on the wiz. Would like gateway to make a 4th s. Super stupid squishy soft?

Two sss voodoos have replaced my medium and soft soles in my bag. I would like to try the warlock and/or magic but haven't yet. Don't like the bead on the wiz. Would like gateway to make a 4th s. Super stupid squishy soft?

You should like the Warlock then, it's basically a beadless Wizard.